- The report contains detailed information about Penson Worldwide Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Penson Worldwide Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Penson Worldwide Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Penson Worldwide Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Penson Worldwide Inc business.
About Penson Worldwide Inc
Penson Worldwide, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of critical securities and futures processing infrastructure products and services to the global financial services industry.
The company provides securities and futures clearing services including integrated trade execution, foreign exchange trading, custody services, trade settlement, technology services, risk management services, customer account processing, and customized data processing services. The company also participates in margin lending and securities lending and borrowing transactions, primarily to facilitate clearing and financing activities.
The company provides tools and services to support trading in multiple markets, asset classes and currencies. It provides an offering of infrastructure and related products and services to its clients, available both on an unbundled basis and as a fully-integrated platform encompassing its products and services. It has a worldwide presence primarily focused on the global markets for equities, options, futures, fixed income, and foreign exchange products.
CLEARING AND RELATED SERVICES
As a securities and futures processing infrastructure provider, the companys services include securities and futures clearing and settlement, custody, account maintenance, data processing services, and technology services. Clearing is the verification of information and matching between two parties in a securities or futures transaction which is followed by the subsequent settlement of that transaction in exchange for payment or margin deposit. Custody services are the safe-keeping and managing of another partys assets, such as securities, as well as customer account maintenance and customized data processing services. Clients for whom the company provides securities clearing and custody services are generally referred to as its correspondents or introducing brokers. The company also provides commodity risk management and other services to certain of its futures customers. In 2009, the company processed an average of 1.2 million equity transactions, 1.4 million equity options contracts and 428,000 futures contracts per day.
The United States
The company generally provides securities clearing services to its correspondents in the U.S. on a fully-disclosed basis. In a fully-disclosed clearing transaction, the identity of the correspondents customer is known to the company, and the company is known to them, and the company maintains the customers account and performs various services as agent for the correspondent.
The companys U.S. securities clearing broker is Penson Financial Services, Inc. (PFSI), which is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). With respect to futures transactions, Penson GHCO provides its clearing and execution services for futures and First Capitol Group LLC (FCG), which operates as a division of Penson GHCO, provides risk management and consultation services for its futures clients.
The company's subsidiary, Penson Financial Services Canada Inc. (PFSC), provides clearing services. It concentrates primarily on providing services to Type 2 and Type 3 correspondent brokers. As a Type 2 or 3 carrying broker, its key responsibilities may include the trading of securities for customers accounts and for the correspondents principal business, making deliveries and settlements of cash and securities in connection with such trades, holding securities and/or cash of customers and of the correspondent and preparing and delivering directly to customers documents as required by applicable law and regulatory requirements with respect to the trades cleared by the company, including confirmation of trades, monthly statements summarizing transactions for the preceding month and, for inactive accounts, quarterly statements of securities and money balances held by the company for customers. PFSC is its Canadian clearing broker and provides fully-disclosed and omnibus clearing services to the Canadian markets. PFSC is a participating organization of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The United Kingdom
In the U.K. the company offers a rang
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Penson Worldwide Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Penson Worldwide Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Penson Worldwide Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Penson Worldwide Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Penson Worldwide Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PENSON WORLDWIDE INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Penson Worldwide Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Penson Worldwide Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Penson Worldwide Inc Major Shareholders
Penson Worldwide Inc History
Penson Worldwide Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Penson Worldwide Inc Offices and Representations
Penson Worldwide Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Penson Worldwide Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Penson Worldwide Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Penson Worldwide Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Penson Worldwide Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Penson Worldwide Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Penson Worldwide Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Penson Worldwide Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Penson Worldwide Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Penson Worldwide Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Penson Worldwide Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Penson Worldwide Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?