- The report contains detailed information about Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. business.
About Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc.
Hampton Roads Bankshares, Inc. operates as the holding company for Bank of Hampton Roads (BOHR) and Shore Bank (Shore), which engage in general community and commercial banking business, targeting the needs of individuals and small- to medium-sized businesses.
BOHR is a Virginia state-chartered commercial bank with 28 full-service offices in the Hampton Roads region of southeastern Virginia, including 11 offices in the city of Chesapeake, 5 offices in the city of Norfolk, 10 offices in the city of Virginia Beach, and 2 offices in the city of Suffolk. In addition, BOHR has 24 full-service offices located in the northeastern, southeastern, and Research Triangle regions of North Carolina and in Richmond, Virginia that do business as Gateway. Through its acquisition of Gateway Bank & Trust Co. (Gateway), the bank owns four wholly-owned operating subsidiaries. Gateway Insurance Services, Inc., an insurance agency with offices in Edenton, Hertford, Elizabeth City, Plymouth, Moyock, and Kitty Hawk, North Carolina and the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, sells insurance products to businesses and individuals. Gateway Investment Services, Inc. assists Gateway customers in their securities brokerage activities through an arrangement with an unaffiliated broker-dealer. Gateway Bank Mortgage, Inc. provides mortgage banking services with products that are sold on the secondary market. Gateway Title Agency, Inc. engages in title insurance and settlement services for real estate transactions.
Shore is a Virginia state-chartered commercial bank with eight full-service offices and an investment center located on the Delmarva Peninsula, otherwise known as the Eastern Shore. Shore operates on the Virginia and Maryland portions of the Eastern Shore, including the counties of Accomack and Northampton in Virginia and the Pocomoke City and Salisbury market areas in Maryland. Shores subsidiary, Shore Investments, Inc., provides non-deposit investment products, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and insurance products. Shore Investments has an investment in a Virginia title insurance agency that enables Shore to offer title insurance policies to its real estate loan customers.
Principal Products or Services
The companys principal business is to attract deposits and to loan to the community or to invest those deposits on profitable terms. It offers traditional loan and deposit banking services, as well as telephone banking, Internet banking, remote deposit capture, and debit cards. The company accepts both commercial and consumer deposits. Additionally, it offers a network of 72 ATM machines to support its customers.
The company is involved in the construction and real estate lending markets and extends both personal and commercial credit. Its loans consist of varying terms and can be secured or unsecured. Loans to individuals are for personal, household, and family purposes. Loans to businesses are for such purposes as working capital, plant expansion, and equipment purchases. Real estate loans are made for both residential and commercial properties.
The company offers a range of commercial, real estate, and consumer lending products and services. Its loan portfolio comprises the following categories: commercial, construction, real estate-commercial mortgage, real estate-residential mortgage, and installment loans to individuals.
Commercial loans: The company makes commercial loans to qualified businesses in its market areas. Commercial loans are loans to businesses which are typically not collateralized by real estate. Generally, the purpose of commercial loans is for the financing of accounts receivable, inventory, or equipment and machinery.
Construction loans: The company makes construction and development loans to individuals and businesses for the purpose of construction of single family residential properties, multi-family properties, and commercial projects, as well as the development of residential neighborhoods and commercial office parks.
Real estate-commercial mortgage: The company makes commercial mortgage loans for the purchase and re-financing of owner occupied commercial proper
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HAMPTON ROADS BANKSHARES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Major Shareholders
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. History
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Offices and Representations
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hampton Roads Bankshares Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?