- The report contains detailed information about Croghan Bancshares Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Croghan Bancshares Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Croghan Bancshares Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Croghan Bancshares Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Croghan Bancshares Inc. business.
About Croghan Bancshares Inc.
Croghan Bancshares, Inc. operates as the holding company for The Croghan Colonial Bank, which provides commercial, retail, and savings banking services in Ohio.
The company operates 10 Ohio branch offices in Bellevue, Clyde, Custar, three in Fremont, Green Springs, Monroeville, Norwalk, and Port Clinton.
The company provides safe deposit box rental; automatic teller machines; trust department services; and other services tailored for individual customers.
The company makes various types of lending activities, including the origination of commercial, financial, and agricultural loans, which may be secured by various assets of the borrower or unsecured; loans secured by mortgages on residential and non-residential real estate; construction loans secured by mortgages on the underlying property; consumer loans which may be on an unsecured basis or secured by vehicles or other assets of the borrower; and credit card loans.
Commercial, Financial, and Agricultural Loans: The company makes loans for commercial purposes, including industrial and professional purposes, to sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and other business enterprises. It makes financial loans to banks and other financial institutions, and financial intermediaries whose business is to accept deposits and extend credit. It also makes agricultural loans for the purpose of financing agricultural production, including all costs associated with growing crops or raising livestock.
Real Estate Mortgage Loans: The company makes non-residential real estate loans secured by first mortgages and/or junior mortgages on non-residential real estate, including retail stores, office buildings, warehouses, and apartment buildings, and residential real estate loans secured by first mortgages on one-to-four family residences, with a majority being single-family residences.
Non-Residential Real Estate Loans: The companys non-residential real estate loans have maturities of between 10 and 20 years and are typically made with adjustable interest rates (ARMs).
Residential Real Estate Loans: The company offers residential real estate loans with fixed or adjustable interest rates.
Real Estate Construction Loans: The company makes construction loans to finance land development prior to erecting new structures and the construction of new buildings or additions to existing buildings. The construction loans originated by it are made to owner-occupants for the construction of single-family homes. Other loans are made to builders and developers for various projects, including the construction of homes and other buildings that have not been pre-sold, and the preparation of land for site, and project development.
Consumer Loans: The company makes various consumer loans to individuals for family, household, and other personal expenditures. These loans often are made for the purpose of financing the purchase of vehicles or furniture, educational expenses, medical expenses, taxes, or vacation expenses.
Credit Card and Other Loans: Credit card and other loans are made to individuals for personal expenditures and principally arise from bank credit cards.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included obligations of U.S. government agencies and corporations, obligations of states and political subdivisions, and other securities.
The company's deposit instruments include regular savings accounts, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, money market deposit accounts, term certificate accounts, time deposits, and individual retirement accounts.
Croghan Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 1888.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Croghan Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Croghan Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Croghan Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Croghan Bancshares Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Croghan Bancshares Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Major Shareholders
Croghan Bancshares Inc. History
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Offices and Representations
Croghan Bancshares Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Croghan Bancshares Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Croghan Bancshares Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Croghan Bancshares Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Croghan Bancshares Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Croghan Bancshares Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?