Worldwide Market for Prescription Dermatological Drugs30 Nov 2010 • by Natalie Aster
New York – The pharmaceutical industry is facing a difficult environment in general, due to tougher regulations for gaining approvals for mainstream products, economic issues, and a dwindling pipeline of new products. Reliance on blockbuster drugs is all but over, causing a shift of focus for many drug research and development entities. By focusing on cosmetic medications, many manufacturers are realizing there is less scrutiny from the FDA and a growing need in niche markets such as dermatology. This transition will play a role in the future development of the dermatological industry over the forecast period.
The report “Worldwide Market for Prescription Dermatological Drugs” by Kalorama Information details the various categories of prescription dermatological drugs, describes the global market and identifies major market factors that may help to shape the market in the future. Kalorama foresees a very dynamic time for the industry.
Worldwide Market for Prescription Dermatological Drugs
Date: April 2010
Price: US$ 4,200.00
Report Sample Abstract:
Products in the following categories are included:
- Prescription Acne and Rosacea Drugs;
- Prescription Antiaging and Photodamage Drugs;
- Prescription Dermatitis and Seborrhea Drugs;
- Prescription Fungal Infection Drugs;
- Prescription Alopecia and Hair Removal Drugs;
- Prescription Hyperpigmentation/Melasma Drugs;
- Prescription Psoriasis Drugs;
- Prescription Skin Cancer Drugs;
- Other Prescription Skin Disorder Drugs.
Trends covered in the report include:
- Patient Compliance;
- Cosmetic Dermatologists;
- Melanoma Survival Rates Falter;
- Phosphatidylglycerol and Psoriasis;
- New Itch Gene Found;
- New Filler Options;
- Consumer Confusion;
- Genetic Link to Psoriasis;
- Biologic Dermatology;
- Rx-to-OTC Switches;
- Reimbursement Issues;
- Accutane IPledge Program;
- Laser Therapy;
- Narrowband Ultraviolet B;
- Photodynamic Therapy;
- New Oral Medications and Research for Acne;
- Synthetic Lipids for Skin Healing;
- Importance of Drug Delivery.
More information is available in the report “Worldwide Market for Prescription Dermatological Drugs” by Kalorama Information.
To order the report or ask for free sample pages contact email@example.com