Malaysia Natural Rubber Output Rises in Sep

16 Nov 2009 • by Natalie Aster

Malaysia’s natural rubber output in September rose to 77,203 tones, up 3.4 per cent than in August.

According to country’s statistics department, year-on-year, production recorded a slide of 27.3 per cent.

It said the smallholdings sector contributed 93.7 per cent of total production with the estate sector, the remaining 6.3 per cent.

Exports of Malaysian natural rubber in September contracted by 30.9 per cent to 47,291 tonnes compared with August and dropped 43.3 per cent in the same month of 2008.

Meanwhile, imports of natural rubber in September this year gained 0.1 per cent over August and increased 54.4 per cent when compared with the same month last year.

Domestic consumption of natural rubber declined 8.9 per cent to 3,688 tonnes compared to August 2009 while it dipped 2.0 per cent against the same month in 2008.

At the end of September, natural rubber stock rose 3.3 per cent to 4,548 tonnes from August, but dropped 4.3 per cent compared to the previous corresponding period.

The average monthly price of latex concentrate rose 7.7 per cent to 711.63 sen in September 2009 compared to August the same year. It was 25.8 per cent lower compared with the previous corresponding month.

Month-on-month, the total number of workers engaged was down by 0.6 per cent, while year-on-year, a contraction of 6.9 per cent was recorded.

In September, the ratio of total production to total area tapped was 123.3 kilogrammes per hectare.

Compared with August, productivity increased 1.0 per cent, but declined by 6.6 per cent year-on-year.

Source: Commodity Online

More reports available on the product:

Rubbers Market Research

Rubbers, Tyres, Industrial Rubber Products Market Research

Industrial Rubber Products Market Research (China)

Rubber Smoked Sheet Market Research (China)

Natural Rubber Industry Market Research (China)

China Rubber Industry Report, 2007-2008

Rubber-processing industry in Hong Kong (China): Business Report 2009

Rubber Vulcanization Accelerators Market Research