Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Market in 8MM to Grow at 3.7% CAGR through 2025, Expects GlobalData in Its Discounted Report16 Aug 2017 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – The 4th leading cause of death globally, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), is a slowly progressive lung disease. Its symptoms (including wheezing, shortness of breath, cough, tightness, increased mucous production, etc.) worsen over time. Today, COPD is recognised as a not fully reversible disease, however, certain treatments and lifestyle changes could slow the progress of the disease.
The total sales in the 8 major (the US, Germany, France, the UK, Spain, Italy, Japan and Australia) COPD markets stood at appr. USD 9.9 billion in 2015. Through 2025, the COPD market is poised to post a 3.7% CAR across the 8 major markets. Each of the 8 major country markets for COPD is anticipated to see healthy growth in the coming years, with the highest growth rates expected in Australia.
By late 2025, the US is likely to grab the biggest share (77.8%) of COPD sales across the 8 major markets. This is attributed to the greater diagnosed prevalence of COPD and the higher prices of pharmaceuticals in the country along with ACOT of GSK’s Nucala and AstraZeneca’s benralizumab in the country’s market.
The in-demand discounted research study “PharmaPoint: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025” worked out by GlobalData presents a 360-degree coverage of the market landscape across the 8 major country markets.
- comprehensive overview of COPD with details on epidemiology, pathophysiology, etiology, diagnosis, symptoms and existing treatment options;
- insightful review of the unmet needs and emerging opportunities in the COPD market across the 8MM;
- valuable data on the major drivers and limiters of the COPD therapeutics market and sales growth in the 8MM;
- in-depth pipeline analysis;
- info on the competitive landscape and top players;
- trustworthy statistics for 2015-2025 (including market revenues, ACOT, major pipeline product sales, etc.)
- future outlook and review of the possible development trends up to 2025;
Note that this in-demand research report from GlobalData is currently available at a discounted price! The details on the discount offer are available at this page.
Many other in-demand topical studies by GlobalData are provided in the publisher’s catalogue at MarketPublishers.com.