[email protected] +44 20 8123 2220 (UK) +1 732 587 5005 (US) Contact Us | FAQ |

Asian Countries Mobile Markets Analysed by BuddeComm in Topical Research Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com

04 Mar 2016 • by Natalie Aster

LONDON – In Asia, over 3.8 billion mobile subscribers have been served by a great number of mobile networks heading towards 2016. While the overall growth tempo across the region has cooled down, the vast numbers remain impressive. The growth in subscribers has eased to nearly 4%-5% per year in the recent past. Mobile subscriber penetration in many countries in the region is well over 150% today. However, operators' focus has moved to simple subscriber growth. The emphasis has shifted greatly to next-gen and value added services, with the operators aggressively upgrading networks, expanding coverage and, for the most part, moving over to enhance their services.

The massive markets of India and China with their immense populations are the region’s leading mobile markets. By 2015, these 2 countries alone captured more than 35% and 27% of the regional overall mobile marketplace, respectively, equalling to a combined 62%.

Next-gen networks have been consistently reshaping the mobile markets in practically all countries of the region. For example, in Singapore, the number of mobile subscribers by July 2015 was estimated at 8.1 million with the penetration rate reaching 152%; crucially, 7.9 million of these subscribers were signed up for 3G or 4G services. That implied that just the 3G and 4G subscribers taken together represented a population penetration already well beyond the 100% level by that stage. 

As the regional mobile market keeps on gaining momentum in bulk subscribers, next-gen subscriber numbers and value added services, it remains a market based primarily on voice services so far. A number of markets in Asia have moved at a rapid pace to advanced data and mobile broadband services, but as of now, the leading service in most markets of Asia is mobile voice.

Topical report “Asia - Mobile Infrastructure” created by BuddeComm gives a detailed assessment of the Asian mobile marketplace focusing on the 35 countries. The research study provides trustworthy industry statistical data on the top 10 mobile markets region-wise, ranked by subscribers for the period 2012-2015. It offers general statistics with respect to the pertinent national mobile market; reviews the variety of digital networks; gives valuable information on mobile subscribers, annual changes and penetration rates in each individual country for the various periods; tracks a slew of infrastructure developments, and a lot more.

Report Details:

Asia - Mobile Infrastructure
Published: February, 2016
Pages: 144
Price: US$ 1,500.00 

More reports by this publisher are available at BuddeComm page


The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Natalie Aster
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970
[email protected] 

Analytics & News

Weekly Digest