ICT Investment Strategies in Telecom Sector Surveyed by Kable in In-demand Report Available at MarketPublishers.com08 Feb 2016 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – The hike in the usage of wireless technologies amid severe competition in the telecommunications industry is driving telecommunications companies to investigate and make investments into emerging technologies like virtualisation, network functions, data centers, and virtual private cloud (VPC), amongst others.
With an eye to harnessing the potential benefits comprising customer satisfaction, novel revenue streams, and cost savings, telecommunication carriers are vigorously investing in core technology areas.
In regard to investments in the major areas of ICT spending, such as software, hardware, and IT services, consulting and communications, the respondents are boosting their investments in customers, software licenses, along with application development & integration (AD&I) services.
At the same time, reducing costs, raising revenues, and enhancing efficiencies are the first priority business goals for telecom firms.
In-demand study “ICT investment trends in telco/service providers; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016” elaborated by Kable limelights ICT investment trends in the telecom sector based on an in-depth survey of 145 telcos. The report discusses how telecom carriers presently allocate their ICT funds across the core areas of enterprise ICT spending. The report reveals the core technologies telecom companies are pouring money in, comprising security products, green IT services and virtualisation technology, and mobility. It provides a clearer understanding of the steps taken by telcos to procure technology as well as gives better insights into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to telcos.
Key themes covered in the report:
- size of the ICT budgets as of 2015;
- allocation across the core elements of IT spend;
- distribution of ICT money in the pertinent areas;
- ICT functions that telcos seek to outsource;
- telcos' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core categories of technology;
- factors impacting companies’ investments in each technology category;
- current allocation of telcos' IT budgets across different segments in a technology category;
- distribution of telecom carriers’ ICT budgets across different segments across a technology category;
- vendor satisfaction ratings for different core and up-to-date technology categories;
- outline of telcos' preferred purchasing approaches;
- key goals that telcos are striving to achieve via their IT investment strategies;
- factors impacting telcos' decisions when selecting an ICT provider.
ICT investment trends in telco/service providers; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016of 2016
Published: December, 2015
Price: US$ 2,995.00
More reports by this publisher are available at Kable page.