World Professional Publishing Industry Reviewed in Updated Research Report Published at MarketPublishers.com12 Mar 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – Forecasts say the global market for professional publishing products and services, led by the legal, science/technical and medical (STM) segments, will grow 3% through 2012, reaching USD 41.4 billion. Print and electronic books were the leading delivery method, closely followed by online services and abstracting/indexing.
Though print books still dominate the landscape for professional publishing, representing the largest chunk of revenue from the top ten leading publishers, double-digit growth is expected for e-books. Mobile and internet applications have also experienced significant growth recently, as publishers have stepped up production efforts.
Updated research report “Global Professional Publishing 2010-2011” developed by Simba Information provides extensive data and analysis on the global market for legal, science/technical, medical and business publishing. In particular, the study features:
- market size by subject: legal, business, STM;
- market size by medium: books, journals, newsletters, directories, online services/A&I;
- segment growth drivers;
- individual publisher strategies for growth online and in foreign markets;
- the effect of the open access movement on the professional publishing industry;
- key M&A activity;
- market share growth and business strategies of leading publishers.
Global Professional Publishing 2010-2011
Published: February, 2012
Price: US$ 3.195,00
More updated and new research reports by the publisher can be found at Simba Information page.