US Restaurant Industry and Consumer Trends Analyzed in New Study Published at MarketPublishers.com
08 Feb 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – Despite a sluggish economy, the U.S. restaurant industry is projected to expand by 4.2% in 2012. Total restaurant industry sales are expected to reach a record high of USD 632 billion this year – a 3.5% y-o-y increase, which is chiefly attributed to seafood, two-thirds of which is consumed away from home in the U.S. In addition, overall restaurant industry employment will reach 12.9 million, accounting for 10% of the total U.S. workforce. This should be the 13th straight year that restaurant job growth would outpace the overall economy.
However, restaurants are still citing the economy as one of the top challenges. Food costs and building and maintaining sales volumes could also threaten the continuation of the 2010-2011 sales recovery.
New market research study “The Foodservice Landscape in the U.S.: Restaurant Industry and Consumer Trends, 2nd Edition” elaborated by Packaged Facts enhances the understanding of industry and consumer trends shaping the U.S. foodservice landscape, including the quick-service, fast casual, family, casual and fine dining restaurant segments.
- restaurant price, promotion and branding strategy assessment;
- macro-economic analysis & trending, including an economic forecast through 2014;
- restaurant industry guest traffic trending, along with analysis by demographic and by daypart;
- industry-leading restaurant brand analysis; customer food lifestyle segmentation analysis; trended guest visit frequency analysis; as well as performance metrics;
- restaurant cuisine & menu trending;
- market size and forecast for restaurant and drinking place sales, same-store sales analysis of major brands for 2005-2011, and consumer restaurant spending by segment for 2007-2010;
- assessment of health and wellness trends shaping the restaurant industry;
- restaurant technology trend analysis.
The Foodservice Landscape in the U.S.: Restaurant Industry and Consumer Trends, 2nd Edition
Published: February, 2012
Price: US$ 4.495,00
More new market research studies by the publisher can be found at Packaged Facts page.