Drug Development Outsourcing Reviewed in New Market Research Report Published at MarketPublishers.com08 Dec 2011 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – The cost and time of developing and bringing a drug to market is over $1.3 billion and often takes as long as 15 years, if not longer. Because of this, major pharmaceutical marketers continue to outsource stages of development. The demand for new drugs remains unabated, but the cost and need to bring those drugs to market is ever-increasing and intensifying. A key cost driver is the large number of failures during the expensive clinical trial phases. Driven by pressures to reduce costs, companies are increasingly implementing outsourcing strategies to increase revenues through faster drug development.
New market research study “Outsourcing in Drug Development: The Contract Research (Clinical Trial) Market” designed by Kalorama Information is a full and detailed review of the drug development industry and outsourcing that analyses the drivers for outsourcing drug development, the companies involved in this market and the opportunity for revenues.
Title: Outsourcing in Drug Development: The Contract Research (Clinical Trial) Market
Published: January, 2012
Price: US$ 3,995
The information covered in the study includes:
- detailed introduction to the clinical trial process;
- statistics of drugs in development by phase;
- market size and forecasts for outsourcing in drug development by Academic Medical Center (AMC), contract research organizations and others;
- main drivers for outsourcing in drug development;
- how CROs are meeting the challenge of patient recruitment;
- discussion of industry and regulatory trends protocols funded in FY2009 by percent and gender;
- global R&D expenditures outsourced by percent 2003-2010;
- selected pharmaceutical company acquisitions, 2009-2011;
- top ten therapeutic categories in R&D;
- selected acquisitions of leading CROs;
- increasing role of EDCs;
- globalization trends in drug development and breakout of clinical trials by region;
- directory of companies;
- market share of major CROs 2011;
- profiles of CROs, contract laboratories, clinical trial labs and EDC solution companies.
More new market research reports by the publisher can be found at Kalorama Information page.
The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Mrs. Tanya Rezler
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970