Global Wind Power Market Examined in New Topical Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com25 Nov 2011 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – By the end of 2010, the worldwide capacity of wind-powered generators was 166.8 gigawatts (GW). By May 2011, this capacity rose to 204 GW. The total energy production at the end of last year from wind was pegged at 405 TWh. This figure was nearly three percent of the entire electricity usage in the world, giving an indication of the growing importance of wind power in the global energy landscape.
With Denmark, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Germany and the United States leading the wind power industry with maximum energy production through wind, the industry is expected to soar in the coming years.
New market research report “Wind Power - Global Market Size, Turbine Market Share, Installation Prices, Regulations and Investment Analysis to 2020” elaborated by GlobalData offers a comprehensive analysis and understanding of the trends and opportunities in the global wind power market.
- historical period covered is from 2006 to 2010 and forecast period is from 2011 to 2020;
- detailed analysis on global wind installed capacity, wind generation, wind turbine market share for 2010, major market trends, average turbine installation prices, turbine market size and investments in wind power projects;
- granular analysis on global offshore wind market;
- coverage of major markets including the US, Germany, Spain, China, India, Italy, France and the UK;
- data on each major market including installed capacity, generation, investment trends, average turbine size installed, wind turbine market share for 2010 and policy framework supporting wind industry in the country;
- overview of top turbine manufacturers including Vestas, GE Energy, Enercon, Sinovel, GoldWind Science and Technology, and many others.
Title: Wind Power - Global Market Size, Turbine Market Share, Installation Prices, Regulations and Investment Analysis to 2020
Published: November, 2011
Price: US$ 3,500
1 TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Wind Power, Technology Definition
2.2 Wind Power, Technology Overview
2.3 Wind Power, Turbine Components
2.4 GlobalData Report Guidance
3 WIND POWER MARKET, GLOBAL, 2006-2020
More new reports by the publisher can be found at GlobalData page.
The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970