- The report contains detailed information about Youku.com Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Youku.com Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Youku.com Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Youku.com Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Youku.com Inc business.
About Youku.com Inc
Youku.com Inc., through its subsidiary, VIEs, operates as an Internet television company in China. The company provides online video sharing and distribution services, online advertising services, and mobile value added services through its Internet site, www.youku.com. ed subsidiary and VIEs in the PRC.
The company has established one wholly owned subsidiary in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) and also consolidates two variable interest entities (VIEs), which are as follows: it owns 100% of 1Verge Internet Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (1Verge Internet), which provides general and administrative services to group companies and VIEs: 1Verge Information Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (1Verge Information), which provides online video sharing and distribution services, online advertising services, and mobile value added services and Jiaheyi Advertising (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (Jiaheyi Advertising), which provides online video sharing, distribution services, and online advertising services.
As of September 30, 2010, the companys video content library contained approximately 2,200 movie titles, 1,250 television serial drama titles, and approximately 231,000 hours of other professionally produced content, including 194 variety shows.
Products and Services
The companys Internet television platform is designed to enable its users to search, view, and share online video content.
Online Video Content
The company has a video content library consisting primarily of professionally produced content, including television programs and movies, user-generated content, and in-house productions. It focuses on expanding its collection of professionally produced content, particularly popular and in-season television serial dramas, movies, and variety shows.
Professionally Produced Content: A majority of its user traffic is attributable to professionally produced content primarily across the following five categories: television serial dramas, movies, current event reports, variety shows, and music videos. As of September 30, 2010, it licensed approximately 2,200 movie titles; 1,250 television serial drama titles; and approximately 231,000 hours of other professionally produced content, including 194 variety shows. As of September 30, 2010, the company offered approximately 25,000; 6,700; and 4,000 episodes of television serial dramas produced in China, Korea and Hong Kong, and Taiwan respectively.
Guided User-Generated Content: The company has supported the grassroots culture of user-generated content by launching two prominent and easy-to-use programs: Youku Paike and Youku Niuren. Youku Paike use video recording devices, such as video cameras and mobile phones, to record exciting or current events and share them on its Website. Youku Niuren, on the other hand, serves as a platform for its users to share videos recording ordinary people with unusual talents.
In-house Productions: The company produces a spectrum of content, including sponsored Web serial dramas, reality shows, interviews, and variety shows. It promotes its in-house productions under its prominent brand Youku Originals.
Online Video Search and Discovery
Utilizing the companys search technology and data processing infrastructure, users can find relevant video content and associated information on Youku.com. The Youku.com homepage features a fast-loading search box. In April 2010, the company commenced beta testing of its video search Website Soku.com. It also provides products and services, such as Interest-based video channels and popularity ranking indices , to facilitate navigation and content discovery on its Website. Its back-office content editors routinely organize its video content into interest-based channels, including movies, television serial dramas, variety shows, automobiles, music, fashion and style, travel, sports, and technology.
The company provides online community services to facilitate user communication and interaction. It enables the following functionalities: video spaceusers can create a personalized video sharing space, and other users can begin to follow that personalized video sharing space; real time commentingusers can comment on or rate videos by either clicking on vote for or vote against buttons or by posting comments below the video for other users to see; and youku kan bar (watch bar)users can exchange their perspectives and share their knowledge and experiences with other users through a searchable community message board.
Other Products and Services
In 2010, the company trial-launched subscription-based online video services featuring advertisement-free premium content, such as high-definition movies. In addition, it has tested using its platform to allow users to access live, streaming events, such as concerts, on a pay-per-view basis.
Wireless Video ServicesUsers can now watch Youku.com videos on their 3G mobile phones free of charge from the company. It also provides free software clients on its Website, or the Websites of Apples App Store and Googles Android Market, for its users to download and install on their 3G mobile phones.
Youku iPhone Channels and iPad ServicesThe company has liaised with local broadcaster CNLive.com to provide on a pilot basis China Unicoms iPhone subscribers with four Youku video channels: Youku Theatre, Youku Entertainment, Youku Originals, and Youku Life.
P2P Downloadable Software Client iKu Users would download this Youku-developed, proprietary software and install a Youku interface on their computer desktops, download or upload videos from or to its Website faster, and transcode videos into different formats, such as mp4 and 3gp, so that users can transfer the videos to portable devices and watch them anytime.
In November 2010, Youku.com would partner with China Telecom Corp. Ltd. to manage the subscription-based new Original Content channel on the operator's 3G video service.
Youku.com Inc. was founded in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YOUKU.COM INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YOUKU.COM INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YOUKU.COM INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YOUKU.COM INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YOUKU.COM INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Youku.com Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Youku.com Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Youku.com Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Youku.com Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Youku.com Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. YOUKU.COM INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YOUKU.COM INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YOUKU.COM INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YOUKU.COM INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YOUKU.COM INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YOUKU.COM INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Youku.com Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Youku.com Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Youku.com Inc Major Shareholders
Youku.com Inc History
Youku.com Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Youku.com Inc Offices and Representations
Youku.com Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Youku.com Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Youku.com Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Youku.com Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Youku.com Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Youku.com Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Youku.com Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Youku.com Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Youku.com Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Youku.com Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Youku.com Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Youku.com Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?