- The report contains detailed information about XATA Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for XATA Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The XATA Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes XATA Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of XATA Corp. business.
About XATA Corp.
XATA Corporation provides fleet management solutions to the transportation industry in North America. The companys products integrate its customers enterprise-based software solutions with GPS (global positioning systems)-based mobile technology through the use of real-time communications to provide its private and for-hire fleet customers an enterprise logistics management solution.
Products and Services
The company provides fleet optimization solutions, including software, systems and services. XATANET and XATA Turnpike are software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions. MobileMax is a customer-hosted solution.
XATANET Fleet Management Solution
XATANET is a SaaS solution used by manufacturing, grocery, food service, distribution, petroleum, and other operators of trucking fleets to obtain information to improve customer service and improve safety and compliance. As a SaaS solution, XATANET is used by its customers over the Internet. Through its Web-based design, XATANET performs the following functions to fleet operators: automation of DOT driver log requirements and state fuel tax reporting; vehicle and driver performance reporting; real-time asset tracking, route management, trip optimization, and stop activity scheduling; mobile two-way messaging and real-time vehicle location; and diagnostic and accident data capture.
XATANET integrates mobile technology, driver displays, and communications with a suite of Web-based applications delivered on-demand via the Internet. XATANET combines the data generated within the truck, as well as data received wirelessly into a Web-based user interface, enabling fleet managers to measure fleet performance, resolve exception conditions, monitor ongoing operations and perform detailed analysis. XATANET allows fleets of various sizes to install, utilize, and pay for those applications that benefit their organization.
MobileMax Fleet Management Solution
MobileMax helps companies track and manage various aspects of their fleets activities to help control costs and increase return on investment (ROI). The MobileMax solution features Multi-Mode communication capabilities that automatically switch between land-based and satellite communications. MobileMax provides real-time communication and tracking capabilities, records state-line crossings, monitors driver and vehicle performance, and alerts companies of driver arrival at/or departure from geofenced locations.
XATA Turnpike Fleet Management Solution
XATA Turnpike is a personal digital assistant (PDA)-based SaaS solution that enables XATA to serve any size fleet that requires a low investment solution. XATA Turnpike has expanded its addressable market to include key vertical markets, such as less than truckload (LTL) and beverage, where XATA Turnpike meets specific customer needs.
The company offers an array of professional IT and consultation services: solution implementation, driver and back-office training, best-practice-operations consulting, and building custom reports on an ad-hoc basis for customers. Its implementation services include project management, Web site setup and configuration, best-practice recommendations, data integration, and software implementation. Training services include online training, on-site training and one-on-one training for fleet management and drivers. Best-practice consulting includes examining a customers fleet operations and making recommendations for improvements. The company's custom reporting service allows customers to have specialized reports created for their specific operations, beyond the suite of standard reports already offered by the various solutions.
In December 2009, the company acquired Turnpike Global Technologies, Inc. and Turnpike Global Technologies LLC (combined Turnpike). Turnpike is a PDA-based fleet operations solution provider.
The companys customers include both private and for-hire fleets with heavy-duty trucks. Within the private and for-hire fleets, it targets various vertical markets, including food products and food distribution, manufacturing, retail, and oil and gas. It also targets markets, such as beverage, construction and mining, small package/LTL, and utilities, as well as other types of services companies.
The companys customers include fortune 500 companies and other organizations, such as Bradco Supply; Core-Mark International; CVS Pharmacy; Dean Foods; Kellogs; Oldcastle Inc.; Reyes Holdings; Sysco; US Foodservice; and xpedx (a division of International Paper Company).
Key Alliances and Relationships
Communication Providers: The company has established relationships with Sprint/Nextel (Sprint) and Orbcomm LLC (Orbcomm) to provide wireless connectivity between its subscribers and its XATANET host system. Its MobileMax systems use AT&T and Mobile Satellite Ventures, whose parent company is LightSquared, to provide communications between its users and the MobileMax host. The XATA Turnpike solution can utilize various communications providers, including Verizon Wireless and Sprint in the United States and Rogers Wireless in Canada.
Third-Party Applications: The company has relationships with companies who provide various applications that can be integrated with its solution to provide its target market with an expanded solution, including dispatch, routing, training, and fleet management. These companies include ALK Technologies, McLeod Software, TMW Systems, and others.
XATA Corporation was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. XATA CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. XATA CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. XATA CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. XATA CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. XATA CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. XATA Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of XATA Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of XATA Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. XATA Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. XATA Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. XATA CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. XATA CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. XATA CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. XATA CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. XATA CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. XATA CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
XATA Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
XATA Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
XATA Corp. Major Shareholders
XATA Corp. History
XATA Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
XATA Corp. Offices and Representations
XATA Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
XATA Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
XATA Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
XATA Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
XATA Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
XATA Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
XATA Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
XATA Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
XATA Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
XATA Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
XATA Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
XATA Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?