- The report contains detailed information about Western Union Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Western Union Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Western Union Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Western Union Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Western Union Co. business.
About Western Union Co.
The Western Union Company provides a range of money transfer and bill payment services worldwide. The companys services are available through a network of agent locations in approximately 200 countries and territories.
The company's business segments include Consumer-To-Consumer and Global Business Payments. Its other businesses not included in these segments primarily consist of Western Union branded money order services available through a network of third-party agents primarily in the United States and Canada.
The Consumer-to-Consumer segment offers consumers various ways to send money. Majority of remittances are sent in cash at its approximately 410,000 agent locations worldwide. It also offers the ability to send money over the Internet or the telephone, using a credit or debit card, or through a withdrawal directly from a consumers bank account. The company also offers consumers various options to receive a money transfer. It offers payout directly to the receivers bank account, to a stored-value card, to a mobile phone or through the issuance of a money order.
The company offers money transfer services worldwide. It offers various options for sending and receiving funds. The different ways consumers can send or receive money include the following:
Walk-In Money Transfer Service: The majority of its remittances constitute transactions in which cash is collected by the agent and payment (usually cash) is available for pick-up at another agent location in the designated receive location. In the United States outbound corridors and in select international corridors, the company provides a Direct to Bank service, enabling a consumer to send a transaction from an agent location directly to a bank account in another country. The company also provides a Cash to Card service that provides consumers an option to direct funds to a Western Union branded Visa stored-value card in the United States, with the option to have the card delivered overnight to consumers homes.
The companys Next Day delivery option is a money transfer that is available for payment the morning after the money transfer is sent. This option is available in certain markets for domestic service within the United States, and in select United States outbound and international corridors.
Online Money Transfer Service: The companys Web sites allow consumers to send funds on-line, using a credit or debit card, for payment at Western Union branded agent locations worldwide. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided its send service in 18 countries, allowing consumers in these countries to send money worldwide.
Telephone Money Transfer Service: The companys telephone money transfer service allows Western Union consumers to send funds by telephone without visiting an agent location. Consumers call a toll-free number in the United States, Canada, Ireland or the United Kingdom and use a debit card or credit card to initiate a transaction. The money transfer is then available for pay-out at an agent location.
Account to Cash: This service allows consumers to debit their bank accounts and send the money through Western Union for pay-out at an agent location. The company has 12 banks offering this service, primarily through their online portals, which allows consumers to send funds from their bank accounts.
Mobile Money Transfer Service: The companys mobile money transfer service pilot provides consumers in select countries with the ability to transfer money to a mobile phone. As of December 31, 2009, there were approximately 10,000 Western Union agent locations enabled with the technology to transfer cash to a mobile phone.
Global Business Payments Segment
The Global Business Payments segment provides options to make one-time or recurring payments for consumers or businesses to other businesses. The companys business payments services allow consumers to make payments to various organizations, including utilities, auto finance companies, mortgage servicers, financial service providers, governmental agencies, and other businesses. The company also provides interna
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTERN UNION CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTERN UNION CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTERN UNION CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTERN UNION CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTERN UNION CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Western Union Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Western Union Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Western Union Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Western Union Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Western Union Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTERN UNION CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTERN UNION CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTERN UNION CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTERN UNION CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTERN UNION CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTERN UNION CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Western Union Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Western Union Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Western Union Co. Major Shareholders
Western Union Co. History
Western Union Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Western Union Co. Offices and Representations
Western Union Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Western Union Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Western Union Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Western Union Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Western Union Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Western Union Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Western Union Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Western Union Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Western Union Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Western Union Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Western Union Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Western Union Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?