- The report contains detailed information about Websense, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Websense, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Websense, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Websense, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Websense, Inc. business.
About Websense, Inc.
Websense, Inc. provides information technology (IT) security solutions. The companys solutions include real-time Web security (including malware detection and removal), data security, and email security solutions. The companys solutions are available as software installed on standard server hardware, as software pre-installed on optimized appliances, and as a software as a service offering (SaaS). Its products and services are sold to enterprises, small and medium sized businesses (SMBs), and Internet service providers through a network of value added resellers and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) arrangements.
The companys portfolio of Web security, data security and email and messaging security software allows organizations to dynamically categorize user generated and other dynamic Web 2.0 content; prevent access to undesirable and dangerous elements on the Web, such as Web sites that contain inappropriate content or sites that download viruses, spyware, keyloggers and an ever-increasing variety of malicious code, including Web 2.0 sites with user-generated content; identify and remove malicious applications from incoming Web traffic; prevent the unauthorized use and loss of sensitive data, such as customer or employee information; filter spam out of incoming email traffic; filter viruses and other malicious attachments from email and instant messages; manage the use of non-Web Internet traffic, such as peer-to-peer communications and instant messaging; protect from spam and malware embedded in Web-based user-generated content; and control misuse of an organizations computing resources, including unauthorized downloading of high-bandwidth content.
Products and Services
The companys products protect data and users from threats to information security and productivity loss and can be grouped into three categories, such as Web security (URL filtering and real-time scanning of Web traffic), data security (DLP offering), and email and messaging security. Its Web and email security products are available as software installed on standard server hardware, as software installed on an optimized V-series appliance, or as a SaaS offering. The companys data security products are available as server-based software or integrated on its Web security appliance. It typically sells subscriptions to its products in 12, 24 or 36 month durations based on the number of seats or devices to be managed.
The companys Web security solutions range from basic URL filtering that mitigates the productivity loss and legal exposure associated with unmanaged Web use, to its advanced network-based Web security that scans Web traffic and sites for malicious code and inappropriate content in real-time.
The companys Web security solutions integrate with an organizations network server, proxy server, switch, router or firewall and are designed to work in networks of any size and configuration. It offers four separate deployment options and a hybrid solution, including integrated deployment on a separate server that is integrated with the network gateway platform to offer pass-through filtering to maximize stability, scalability and performance; deployment utilizing a network agent to deliver pass-by filtering capabilities in a network environment; embedded deployment on an appliance that the company sells; as a SaaS deployment; and as a hybrid combination of on-premise software and SaaS application managed from a single management console.
The companys Web filtering and Web security solutions use its policy enforcement software in conjunction with its databases of categorized Web sites, protocols and malicious applications to give business managers the ability to automate the enforcement of highly customized Internet and application use policies for different users and groups with in the business. The software allows organizations to manage employees use of the Internet by filtering access to Web sites and Internet protocols while providing multiple options for identifying, analyzing and reporting on Internet activity and the risks associated with employee computing.
The companys Websense Security Labs
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WEBSENSE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEBSENSE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEBSENSE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEBSENSE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEBSENSE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Websense, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Websense, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Websense, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Websense, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Websense, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WEBSENSE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEBSENSE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WEBSENSE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WEBSENSE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WEBSENSE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WEBSENSE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Websense, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Websense, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Websense, Inc. Major Shareholders
Websense, Inc. History
Websense, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Websense, Inc. Offices and Representations
Websense, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Websense, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Websense, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Websense, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Websense, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Websense, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Websense, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Websense, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Websense, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Websense, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Websense, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Websense, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?