- The report contains detailed information about Wave Systems Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wave Systems Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wave Systems Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wave Systems Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wave Systems Corp. business.
About Wave Systems Corp.
Wave Systems Corp. develops, produces, and markets products for hardware-based digital security, including security applications and services.
The companys operations consists primarily of product development, performance under contract to develop products and marketing and initial sales to personal computer (PC) and semi-conductor chip (Chip) original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), resellers, and enterprises.
Products and Services
EMBASSY Trust Suite
The version of the EMBASSY Trust Suite consists of a set of applications and services that is designed to bring functionality and user value to TPM-enabled products. The EMBASSY Trust Suite includes the EMBASSY Security Center (the ESC), Trusted Drive Manager (TDM), Document Manager (DM), Private Information Manager (PIM), and Key Transfer Manager (KTM).
The ESC enables the user to set up and configure the TPM platform. In addition to the basic function of making the TPM operational, ESC is designed to enable the user to manage extended TPM-based security settings and policies, including authentication, Windows logon preferences to add biometrics and streamlined password policy management.
During 2009, the company worked with other disk drive OEMs, such as Toshiba, Fujitsu, and Hitachi to develop support for their self-encrypting drives which are based on the new TCG storage specifications. Enterprises can also select Wave's EMBASSY Remote Administration Server for the centralized administration and management of the drives, which are designed to provide detailed event logs for compliance reporting.
Data Protection is addressed by the DM, which provides document encryption, decryption and client-side storage of documents. The DM, which works with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, secures documents against unauthorized users and hackers. The company's software is Windows Vista ready and builds upon the operating system's data protection feature set, providing EMBASSY solutions for data protection and authentication.
To help improve the password issues, PIM uses the TPM to store and manage user information, such as user names, passwords, credit card numbers and other personal information. It retrieves login information to fill in applications, Web forms and Web login information. It retrieves login information to fill in applications, Web forms, and Web login information.
Backup and recovery of keys used for logon, signing, and protection of data is an essential requirement for deployment of TPM-based systems. KTM is an archive application for the cryptographic keys that is designed to provide a method to archive, restore and transfer keys, having the property of being migratable, that are secured by the TPM.
Additionally, the company has developed TPM Wizards as part of the EMBASSY Trust Suite, which allow users to setup and use the TPM for securing 802.11x wireless networks, the Windows Encrypting File System and encrypted email.
Middleware and Tools
The Wave TCG-Enabled Toolkit is a compilation of software designed to assist application developers writing new applications or modifying existing ones to function on TCG-compliant platforms. The company provides two versions of the Toolkit, Discovery and Commercial, which enable developers to use basic and enhanced TCG services, such as integrated key lifecycle management, including key escrow and key recovery. The Discovery Toolkit offers application developers a license for internal evaluation only, whereas the Commercial Toolkit is a license for external redistribution.
Wave TCG-Enabled Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP)
The company offers a TCG-enabled CSP, which allows software developers to utilize the security of a TCG standards-based platform, facilitating a common user experience independent of the platform. It also enables applications to utilize functionality available on TCG-compliant platforms directly through the Microsoft cryptographic application programming interface, without requiring user knowledge of any specific TCG software stack layer.
EMBASSY Trust Server Applications
EMBASSY Key Management Serve
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wave Systems Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wave Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wave Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wave Systems Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wave Systems Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WAVE SYSTEMS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wave Systems Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wave Systems Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wave Systems Corp. Major Shareholders
Wave Systems Corp. History
Wave Systems Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wave Systems Corp. Offices and Representations
Wave Systems Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wave Systems Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wave Systems Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Wave Systems Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Wave Systems Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wave Systems Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wave Systems Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wave Systems Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Wave Systems Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Wave Systems Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wave Systems Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wave Systems Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?