- The report contains detailed information about United Systems Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Systems Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Systems Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Systems Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Systems Technology, Inc. business.
About United Systems Technology, Inc.
United Systems Technology, Inc. engages in the business of development, support and marketing of computer software products to county and local government entities, distributors and power equipment and power sports dealers located throughout the United States and Canada. The software applications of the Company operate on IBM mid-range computers, and on various network computer systems both in DOS and Windows environments.
The Companys products are offered to customers in four product application groups. These product application groups, consisting of approximately 30 separate software titles, are Financial, Public Works, General Administration, and Public Safety.
The software applications offered by the Company consist of a line of management information systems, which were developed to specifically meet the requirements of local governmental entities and the power sports industry.
The software applications of the Company are offered through its Legacy, Quest, asyst, CPS, Auto Admin, MAS and Shamrock product lines.
The Legacy product line operates on the IBM AS/400 mid-range computer system; The Quest product line operates in a single user or small network PC DOS environment; The asyst product line operates in a single user or network Windows environment; The CPS, MAS and Shamrock product lines operate in UNIX environments; and The Auto Admin product line operates in a PC DOS or single user or network.
This group includes software modules in the areas of general ledger and budgetary accounting, budget preparation, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, centralized cash receipts, purchase orders, fixed assets and financial report writer. In addition, the power sports software includes the software modules in the areas of point of sale, inventory, repair orders, finance and insurance and fiche interface.
This group includes software modules in the areas of utility billing and collections, hand held meter reading and bank drafting.
This group includes software modules in the areas of building permits, animal licenses, business licenses, code enforcement and property tax billing.
This group includes software modules in the areas of computer aided dispatch, law enforcement records management, jail management and court administration.
The Company has completed the development of various software products. These products are marketed under the asyst brand name and include a Fund Accounting product line, a Utility Billing product line, a General Government product line and a Public Safety product line. The Fund Accounting product line includes General Ledger, Budget XLence, Report XLence, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Orders, Cash Receipts, Payroll and Fixed Assets modules. The Utility Billing product line includes Utility Billing, Service Orders, Meter Reader Interface, Bank Drafts and Budget Billing modules. The General Government product line includes Master and Land Directories, Business and Animal Licenses, Code Enforcement, Building Permits and Property Tax modules. The Public Safety product line includes Master Name Index, Calls for Service, Offense Reports, Citations, State Interface, Computer Aided Dispatch, Jail Management, Alarm Billing, Municipal Court and UCR Reports modules. The Company is developing additional modules for its asyst product line to add to its existing asyst offerings including an asyst for Powersports product line.
The Company licenses its software packages under a perpetual nonexclusive and nontransferable license agreement.
Installation, Training and Customer Support
The Company provides services related to the training and implementation of the software packages to its customers. These services are delivered at the customer site, conducted in a classroom setting at the company's headquarters or as remote training through interactive computer-to-computer hookup.
The Company offers maintenance agreements in conjunction with the licensing of its software packages. These agreements provide telephone support, software product enhancements, error corrections, upgrades and remote diagnostics support.
The Companys subsidiaries include United Systems Technology East, Inc. (USTEI) and USTI Canada, Inc.
In 2002, the Company acquired substantially all of the assets of Shamrock Systems, whose business is to provide application software to Distributors, Power Equipment Dealers and Powersports Dealers. The Company has adapted certain asyst products and continues to develop others to offer to these markets through its Shamrock Systems division.
The Company markets its products in the United States and Canada.
The Company's customers are primarily municipal governments with populations between 1,000 and 100,000, county governments, police departments, municipal court systems and power sports dealerships. As of December 31, 2004, the Company had approximately 2,100 customer installations in North America. Approximately 25% of the Company's customers are located in Texas and Minnesota, and the remaining customers are located in various states and provinces in the United States and Canada.
United Systems Technology, Inc. was incorporated in the year1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Systems Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Systems Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Systems Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Systems Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Systems Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Systems Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Systems Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Systems Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
United Systems Technology, Inc. History
United Systems Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Systems Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
United Systems Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Systems Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Systems Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United Systems Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
United Systems Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Systems Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Systems Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Systems Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United Systems Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United Systems Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Systems Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Systems Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?