- The report contains detailed information about United Online, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Online, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Online, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Online, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Online, Inc. business.
About United Online, Inc.
United Online, Inc. provides consumer products and services over the Internet through various brands, including FTD, Interflora, Classmates, NetZero, and MyPoints in the United States.
The company operates in three segments: FTD, Classmates Media, and Communications.
The FTD segment provides floral and related products and services to consumers and retail florists, as well as to other retail locations offering floral and related products and services, in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and The Republic of Ireland. FTD is a nationwide floral marketer, which refer to as FTD's consumer business, and a provider of floral network services, which refer to as FTD's floral network business.
Consumer Business: FTD is a marketer of flowers and specialty gift items to consumers. FTD operates in the U.S. and Canada, primarily through the www.ftd.com Web site and 1-800-SEND-FTD toll-free telephone number, and in the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland through the www.interflora.co.uk and www.interflora.ie Web sites and various toll-free telephone numbers. FTD also operates mobile Web sites that are optimized for mobile phones with Internet connections. While floral arrangements and plants are FTD's primary offerings, FTD also markets and sells other specialty gift items, including gourmet food, special occasion gifts, bath and beauty products, jewelry, wine and gift baskets, chocolates, and stuffed animals.
Floral Network Business: FTD provides a suite of products and services, including services that enable such members to receive, send, and deliver floral orders. Floral network members include traditional retail florists, as well as other retailers offering floral and related products and services, that are located primarily in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and the Republic of Ireland. Additionally, FTD is part of an international network of floral retailers that enables FTD to market consumer products for delivery in approximately 150 countries. FTD products and services available to floral network members include access to the FTD and Interflora brands and the Mercury Man logo, supported by various marketing and advertising campaigns; access to the floral network; credit card processing services; e-commerce Web site services; online advertising tools; and telephone answering, order-taking, transmission, and clearing-house services. FTD also provides point-of-sale and related technology services and systems that enable its floral network members to transmit and receive orders and manage back office functions of a floral retailer's business, including accounting, customer relationship management, direct marketing campaigns, and delivery route management. FTD also acts as a national wholesaler to its floral network members, providing branded and non-branded hard goods and cut flowers, as well as packaging, promotional products and various other floral-related supplies.
The Classmates Media segment offers online social networking services under the Classmates brand and online loyalty marketing services under the MyPoints brand. Its Classmates Media services also include international social networking under the StayFriends and Trombi brands.
Online Social Networking
The companys social networking Web sites enable users to locate and interact with acquaintances from their past, with school affiliations as the primary focus. Its social networking properties comprise a population of users, with approximately 60 million registered accounts at December 31, 2009.
Basic Membership: Basic membership on the companys Classmates Web site is free and provides members with access to various interactive features. Visitors to its Classmates Web site can become free members by completing the registration process and providing their name, year of birth, graduation year (or, in the case of workplace or military affiliations, years at such affiliation), and an email address. Free members are required to affiliate with approximately one high school, college, work, or military community. In addition, free members can elect to provide information about their personal interests and post photos.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED ONLINE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED ONLINE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED ONLINE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED ONLINE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED ONLINE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Online, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Online, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Online, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Online, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Online, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED ONLINE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED ONLINE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED ONLINE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED ONLINE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED ONLINE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED ONLINE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Online, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Online, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Online, Inc. Major Shareholders
United Online, Inc. History
United Online, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Online, Inc. Offices and Representations
United Online, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Online, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Online, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United Online, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
United Online, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Online, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Online, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Online, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United Online, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United Online, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Online, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Online, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?