- The report contains detailed information about United Internet AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Internet AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Internet AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Internet AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Internet AG business.
About United Internet AG
United Internet AG provides Internet Services for communication-oriented home users and small to mid-size companies. The company also offers customer relationship services, primarily call center services related to the operation of hotlines and user helpdesks for IT and telecommunications providers. The company operates in Europe, the United Kingdom, Japan, and North America.
In the product segment the companys value added Internet services and DSL connections are directed at Private users, small/home offices (SoHos), and small to mid size enterprises. These groups are served by GMX, 1&1 and Schlund+Partner brands.
The companys products are divided into three product lines: Information Management including E-Mail solutions, Messaging and Address Management; Web Hosting, including domains, home pages, eshops, and dedicated servers; Internet Access, including DSL and Narrow band connections.
GMX: GMX is the company's entry-level brand for value-added Internet services with a strong focus on e-mail and messaging. The company's product range is characterized by two main features: free basic product variants (e-mail) and plug and play solutions for all services.
1&1: 1&1 is brand for communication oriented for expert home users and small businesses. The company's customers can configure and design their own Web sites or online shops, while it provides the ergonomic help menus, powerful software, phone and e-mail services to support them.
Schlund + Partner: Schlund + Partner is United Internet's high-end brand. Its primary target groups are small to mid-size companies. With its professional, value-added products, Schlund+Partner helps customers utilize the communication and e-business possibilities offered by the Internet. In addition to complex domain and sub-domain structures, the product range comprises ASP applications, Intranet solutions, Web shops, fast DSL connections and "ready-to-run" servers and server homing.
In its Outsourcing business segment the company Internet offers product management, software development, computer center operation, billing and customer care technical and added values (via InterNetX) as white label services. It also offers customer care services for third parties and enrich in the field of ISP services with general soft- and hardware know-how, so that it can operate technical hotlines and user helpdesks for all aspects of digital systems.
InterNetX: InterNetX provides ISPs, telcos and Internet agencies with domains, shared and dedicated hosting products, security solutions and network connections.
twenty4help: twenty4help is the company's internationally operating outsourcing brand. Its 'human interface' provides users with support in use of the Internet and their application software. twenty4help specializes in technical hotline services. Its customers include such major players as AOL/Compuserve and Microsoft. twenty4help operates a knowledge management system, which can provide optimal solutions for each individual client. The company's services are available 24 hours a day. Support is provided in 17 different languages
Online Marketing segment
In the Online Marketing segment, the company offers various marketing solutions for advertisers: a European online advertising network via AdLINK, domain marketing via Sedo and affiliate marketing via affilinet.
AdLINK operates an advertising network with well-known Web sites, such as MTV, ADAC or Expedia.de. In total, these 2,800 Web sites generate 4.1 billion page impressions per month. Advertisers included major clients such as Panasonic, Beiersdorf, BASF, Nokia, Dell and HP.
Sedo operates a trading platform for 1.6 million (second-hand) Internet domains. In its Domain Parking business segment, Sedo markets unused domains to advertisers on behalf of the domain owners.
Affilinet operates an affiliate network under the affili.net label. Suppliers of affiliate programs are connected here with Web site operators (affiliates). 600 affiliate programs and 200,000 Web sites are connected through affili.net.
United Internet AG was founded in 1998 as 1&1 Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KGaA and changed to United Internet Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KGaA in 2000 and further changed its name to United Internet AG.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED INTERNET AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED INTERNET AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED INTERNET AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED INTERNET AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED INTERNET AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Internet AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Internet AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Internet AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Internet AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Internet AG Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED INTERNET AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED INTERNET AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED INTERNET AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED INTERNET AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED INTERNET AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED INTERNET AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Internet AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Internet AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Internet AG Major Shareholders
United Internet AG History
United Internet AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Internet AG Offices and Representations
United Internet AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Internet AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Internet AG Capital Market Snapshot
United Internet AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
United Internet AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Internet AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Internet AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Internet AG 1-year Stock Charts
United Internet AG 5-year Stock Charts
United Internet AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Internet AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Internet AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?