- The report contains detailed information about Tucows Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tucows Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tucows Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tucows Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tucows Inc. business.
About Tucows Inc.
Tucows Inc. provides domain names, email and other services to resellers through its reseller network and directly to consumers and small businesses through its retail and content groups.
OpenSRS Reseller Services
OpenSRS provides three primary service offerings include Domain Services, Email Services, and Other Services.
Domain Services: The companys Domain Services consist of its general Domain Service and its Personal Names Service. Its general Domain Service allows resellers to register domains on behalf of their end-users using Tucows' accreditations with 9 gTLD (generic top-level domain) registries and 22 ccTLD (country-code top-level domain) registries.
The companys general Domain Service is available through its Web-based control panels, a hosted Storefront option, or API (Application Programming Interface). Additionally, ICANN-accredited registrars can also use its Domain Service to process domain registrations with their accreditation. Its Personal Names Service is based on its portfolio of approximately 40,000 domain names related to North American and international surnames. The Personal Names Service is offered on a per account per month basis, similar to its Email Service. The Personal Names Service allows resellers to offer individual end-users domain names and email addresses based on their names.
Email Services: The companys Email Service offers resellers the ability to outsource the often problematic need to host email accounts for their end-users. It also allows email to become a part of the resellers' businesses.
The Email Service is offered on a per account per month basis and provides resellers with a scalable white label email hosting solution that can be customized to their branding and business model requirements. The Email Service also includes spam and virus filtering on all accounts.
End-users can access the Email Service through a full-featured multi-language AJAX-enabled Web interface, a WAP mobile interface, or through traditional desktop email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, using IMAP or POP/SMTP.
Other Services: The company has a partnership with Verisign to provide resellers with wholesale pricing on a range of SSL certificate options that they can in turn sell to end-users, primarily businesses. SSL digital certificates allow Web sites to provide secure transactions and restrict access to information, and are sold on a per certificate per year basis.
The companys Platypus ISP Billing Solution is a Windows-based software solution that ISPs install in-house and that provides ISPs with an industry-specific solution for billing, service provisioning and customer account management. Platypus includes an integrated help desk system that automatically routes, tracks and maintains customer support email and phone calls to improve service desk performance.
YummyNames Domain Portfolio
The company has various domain names in its private domain name portfolio. It purchases and renews names based on their ability to generate advertising revenue and their appeal for resale to consumers, businesses and other large portfolio owners. Its domain name portfolio is made up of four classes of domain names, including Gems, Premium Names, Direct Navigation Names, and Surnames. Surnames are domain names related to last names found in the United States and internationally.
Hover Retail Services
The company offers consumers and small businesses domain registration, email and other Internet services through Hover.com. Hover provides consumers and small businesses with bundled versions of OpenSRS' domain, email and personal names services.
Hover customers choose between using Hover's services with a domain name, with a personalized surname-based address or with a free subdomain of hover.com on a trial basis. All Hover service bundles include domain privacy and security options, domain and mail forwarding, DNS management tools, iPhone directory services, a browser-based shortcut creator and unlimited customer support.
Butterscotch.com Content Service
The companys content services group operates two advertising supported Web sites that contain content to help consumers overcome the complexity of modern technology and the Internet.
The companys competition may be divided into various groups, including retail-oriented domain registrars, such as GoDaddy, Network Solutions, and Register.com who compete with its Resellers and its own retail operations for end-users; wholesale-oriented domain registrars, such as eNom, Wild West Domains (a division of GoDaddy) and Melbourne IT, who market services to resellers, such as its customers; Wholesale Email Service providers, such as Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Bluetie and MailTrust; and Ad-supported content providers, such as CNET's Download.com.
The company was founded in 1992. It was formerly known as Infonautics, Inc. and changed its name to Tucows Inc. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TUCOWS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TUCOWS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TUCOWS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TUCOWS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TUCOWS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tucows Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tucows Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tucows Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tucows Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tucows Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TUCOWS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TUCOWS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TUCOWS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TUCOWS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TUCOWS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TUCOWS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tucows Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tucows Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tucows Inc. Major Shareholders
Tucows Inc. History
Tucows Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tucows Inc. Offices and Representations
Tucows Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tucows Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tucows Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tucows Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Tucows Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tucows Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tucows Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tucows Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tucows Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tucows Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tucows Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tucows Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?