- The report contains detailed information about TNS Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TNS Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TNS Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TNS Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TNS Inc. business.
About TNS Inc.
TNS, Inc., an international data communications company, provides networking, data communications and value added services to retailers, banks, payment processors, financial institutions and telecommunication firms. The company provides services to customers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific region. It provides services through its data network, which is designed specifically for transaction-oriented applications.
The companys POS division markets its data communications services directly to payment processors in the United States, Canada and Mexico. It also markets POS data communications services to entities responsible for the transmission of state lottery transactions, federal and state electronic benefits transfer and healthcare transactions, as well as directly to select categories of merchants and retailers.
The companys private, secure data networks were designed specifically to address the data communications requirements of the payment processing industry. Its data communications services provide customized routing technology, built-in redundancy and geographic diversity and are configured to provide call connection. The companys data networks connect a merchant's POS terminal or an off-premise ATM to the payment processor's host computer.
The company provides multiple means for the POS terminal or off-premise ATM to access its data network. Merchant POS terminals and off-premise ATMs can connect directly to its network using its dial-up service, which utilizes telephone services obtained from interexchange carriers and local exchange carriers. Its fixed broadband and wireless service offerings enable merchants to utilize broadband connectivity in their store to transmit data from the POS terminal or ATM to the payment processor. The companys services include a proprietary performance monitoring and management information reporting application which is used by its customers to centrally monitor and manage the equipment at their locations.
The company configures and provides modems that enable off-premise ATM operators to convert leased line ATMs to ATMs that use dial-up connections or wireless service. For dial-up access services, it typically charges its customers a fixed fee per transaction plus a variable time-based charge for transactions that exceed a specified period of time.
International Service Division (ISD)
The company has developed network technology and services to serve its customers in the United States, which are applicable to the data communications needs of payment processing and financial services industries in other countries. The company provides services to the financial institutions in the United Kingdom which acquire and process credit and debit transactions in the United Kingdom. It also provides services to financial institutions operating ATMs. Within Europe, its services are predominantly related to providing data connectivity to the POS and ATM industries.
In addition to its network connectivity services in ISD, the company provides card present and card not present payment gateway services to multi-channel merchants, as well as card associations, which offer services over the Internet. The company also provides managed broadband solutions and dial to IP conversion devices to merchants who desire to migrate their payment infrastructure from dial to IP technology, as well as payment processing services to ATM owners. Additionally, it provides services to payment processors that are not used by payment processors in the United States. These include settlement and offline polling services, which enable merchants to store transaction data until the payment processor retrieves the data after business hours. The company offers financial services division (FSD) services.
The company has operations in Australia, Austria, Bermuda, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, the Netherlands, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Telecommunication Services Division (TSD)
The company owns and oper
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TNS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TNS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TNS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TNS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TNS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TNS Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TNS Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TNS Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TNS Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TNS Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TNS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TNS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TNS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TNS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TNS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TNS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TNS Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TNS Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TNS Inc. Major Shareholders
TNS Inc. History
TNS Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TNS Inc. Offices and Representations
TNS Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TNS Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TNS Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
TNS Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
TNS Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TNS Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TNS Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TNS Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
TNS Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
TNS Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TNS Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TNS Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?