- The report contains detailed information about Tieto Oyj that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tieto Oyj. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tieto Oyj financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tieto Oyj competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tieto Oyj business.
About Tieto Oyj
TietoEnator Corporation operates as an information technology services company in the Nordic countries. It specializes in consulting, developing and hosting its customers business operations in the digital economy. The company operates in approximately 20 countries. It has four vertical business areas that include Banking & Insurance, Telecom & Media, Public & Healthcare and Production & Logistics. The companys fifth business area, Processing & Network, operates independently of these four across the entire Group.
Banking & Insurance
The company provides IT services for the banking, finance and insurance industries.
Products and services: The company offers solutions in the areas, such as core and e-banking, and payment and card systems. Banking & Insurance also has experience in IT development and maintenance.
Market: Banking & Insurance operates in 13 countries and has approximately 400 customers worldwide. It provides IT services and solutions for the finance industry in Northern Europe. The companys customers include Nordea, ForeningsSparbanken, DnB NOR, and Sampo. In Insurance, its customers are Handelsbanken, and other Nordic banks and insurance companies. Its international customers include Barclays Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Halifax Bank of Scotland and HypoVereins Bank.
Telecom & Media
TietoEnator works with customers from every area of the telecom and media value chain, from content providers to manufacturers and operators of telecom networks and mobile devices. It works with global customers as a supplier of value-added IT and R&D services to the European telecom and media industry. Its subsidiary, Tieto Enator, S.E.S.A. concentrates on providing R&D services to telecom system providers. The company operates in Continental Europe.
Products and services: Telecom & Media provides tele-operators, equipment manufacturers, content producers and media companies with a range of IT services, including research and development, consulting, systems development and integration. The business area works globally with international telecommunications and media customers.
Markets: Telecom & Media operates in 10 European countries and in China. It has approximately 4000 IT professionals specialized in telecommunications at its service. Telecom & Medias major customers are the EU Commission, Ericsson, Nokia, TeliaSonera and YLE (the Finnish Broadcasting Company).
Public & Healthcare
Public & Healthcare offers services and products for building IT solutions within the public administration and healthcare and welfare industries.
Products and services: In the central government sector, the business area offers digital government solutions and services that support its customers core businesses. In the local and regional sectors, it focuses on solutions for social welfare, healthcare, education and libraries. The business area offers healthcare solutions for hospitals, primary health centers, laboratories and dental care units, as well as for private healthcare providers.
Markets: Public & Healthcares market area covers the Nordic countries, Estonia, the Netherlands and Germany. The main customer groups are governments, local authorities and providers of healthcare services. Public & Healthcares major customers are City of Stockholm, the Ministry of the Interior (Finland), the Ministry of Justice (Finland), National Board of Taxes (Finland) and Stockholm County Council.
Production & Logistics
Production & Logistics is a provider of IT services for selected industries. It serves forest, energy, manufacturing, retail, and logistics industries. The business area focuses on building IT partnerships with customers within these industry sectors.
Products and services: Production & Logistics develops IT systems covering its customers entire value chains, from procurement to customer relationship management.
Markets: Production & Logistics operates in seven European countries, as well as in the USA, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, China and Malaysia. Its major customers include Fortum, Kesko, SOK, Stora Enso and UPM-Kymmene.
Processing & Network
The business area supplies processing and network services for customers information and communications technology (ICT) needs.
Products and services: Processing & Network focuses on ICT processing services and related consulting, integrating and content services. Processing services consist of the optimization and renewal of production operations. Optimization includes the development and uninterrupted management of applications, networks, mainframes and servers with a view to continuous improvement, as well as providing production reports and technical support. Renewal, on the other hand, supports the structural rationalization of organizations IT services with consulting, planning and implementation services.
Markets: Processing & Network offers its partnership services primarily to the existing and future partnership customers of Tieto Enators four vertical business areas. It also provides support to its globally operating partnership clients in Continental Europe and the USA. Its major customers include Kesko, Saab Technology (Saab, Bofors, Celsius, Telub), Sampo, Stora Enso and TeliaSonera.
Digital Innovations: Tieto Enator set up the Digital Innovations unit in April 2004. It is a unit specializing in digital self-service solutions.
Software Centers: The companys Software Centers provide software production services in low-cost countries.
Personec Group: Personec provides digital solutions for human and financial resource management. It is the provider of payroll and personnel management solutions and services in the Nordic countries. These are offered to both the private and public sectors.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TIETO OYJ COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TIETO OYJ BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TIETO OYJ SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TIETO OYJ FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TIETO OYJ COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tieto Oyj Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tieto Oyj and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tieto Oyj and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tieto Oyj Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tieto Oyj Industry Position Analysis
6. TIETO OYJ NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TIETO OYJ EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TIETO OYJ ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TIETO OYJ IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TIETO OYJ PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TIETO OYJ VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tieto Oyj Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tieto Oyj Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tieto Oyj Major Shareholders
Tieto Oyj History
Tieto Oyj Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tieto Oyj Offices and Representations
Tieto Oyj SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tieto Oyj Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tieto Oyj Capital Market Snapshot
Tieto Oyj Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Tieto Oyj Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tieto Oyj Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tieto Oyj Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tieto Oyj 1-year Stock Charts
Tieto Oyj 5-year Stock Charts
Tieto Oyj vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tieto Oyj vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tieto Oyj Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?