- The report contains detailed information about THQ Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for THQ Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The THQ Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes THQ Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of THQ Inc. business.
About THQ Inc.
THQ Inc. develops and publishes interactive entertainment software for all game systems. The companys game systems include home video game consoles, such as the Microsoft Xbox 360 (Xbox 360), Nintendo Wii (Wii), Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2); handheld platforms, such as the Nintendo DS and DSi (collectively referred to as DS), and Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP); wireless devices, including the iPhone, iTouch and iPad; and personal computers (PCs), including games played online.
The company also develops and publishes titles for digital distribution via Sony's PlayStation Network (PSN) and Microsoft's Xbox LIVE Marketplace (Xbox LIVE) and Xbox LIVE Arcade (XBLA), as well as digitally offers its PC titles through online download stores and services, such as Steam.
The companys titles span a range of categories, including action, adventure, fighting, racing, role-playing, simulation, sports, and strategy. The companys portfolio of Core Games includes games based on fighting brands, such as the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE); racing games based on its MX vs.
The companys Kids, Family and Casual portfolio includes games based on brands, such as DreamWorks Animation, DisneyPixar, Marvel Entertainment, NBC's The Biggest Loser, Nickelodeon, and Sony Picture Consumer Product's JEOPARDY! and Wheel of Fortune, as well as games based on its owned intellectual properties, including de Blob and Drawn to Life.
The companys Core Games group oversees the production and marketing of action, fighting, racing, shooter and strategy games primarily targeted to avid or core gamers. The THQ Core Games franchise portfolio includes games based on fighting brands, such as UFC and WWE; racing games based on its MX vs. ATV brand; and action, shooter and strategy games based on its franchises such as Darksiders, Red Faction, Saints Row and Warhammer 40,000.
Kids, Family and Casual Games
The companys Kids, Family and Casual Games group oversees production and marketing of games targeted to the mass market and families. The companys Kids, Family and Casual Games portfolio includes original games such as de Blob, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter and World of Zoo, and games based on entertainment brands, such as DreamWorks Animation's MegaMind, Marvel Super Hero Squad, DisneyPixar's Up, NBC's The Biggest Loser, and Sony Pictures Consumer Products' game shows JEOPARDY! and Wheel of Fortune.
THQ's Online Games group oversees production and marketing of online games. The company partners with companies in China and Korea to deliver Company of Heroes and WWE online in those markets. The company is in the process of developing a Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game based on the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Sales and Marketing
In North America, its products are primarily sold directly to mass merchandisers, consumer electronics stores, discount warehouses, and national retail chain stores. The companys products are also sold to smaller, regional retailers, as well as distributors who, in turn, sell its products to retailers that the company does not service directly, such as grocery and drug stores. The companys North American sales activities are conducted by THQ sales representatives throughout the United States, as well as by its representatives in Canada and Mexico.
The companys customers worldwide include Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Wal-Mart. It also sells its products to other national and regional retailers, discount store chains, specialty retailers and distributors.
The companys primary competition for sales of video games comes from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, each of which is a large developer and publisher of software for its own platforms, as well as other publishers and developers of interactive entertainment software, such as Activision/Blizzard, Atari, Electronic Arts, LucasArts, Namco, Sega, Take-Two Interactive Software, and Ubisoft. Its competition has expanded to include online publishers of interactive entertainment, such as Zynga and Shanda Interactive Entertainment.
THQ Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THQ INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THQ INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THQ INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THQ INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THQ INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. THQ Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of THQ Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of THQ Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. THQ Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. THQ Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THQ INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THQ INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THQ INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THQ INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THQ INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THQ INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
THQ Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
THQ Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
THQ Inc. Major Shareholders
THQ Inc. History
THQ Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
THQ Inc. Offices and Representations
THQ Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
THQ Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
THQ Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
THQ Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
THQ Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
THQ Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
THQ Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
THQ Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
THQ Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
THQ Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
THQ Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
THQ Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?