- The report contains detailed information about Syntel, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Syntel, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Syntel, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Syntel, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Syntel, Inc. business.
About Syntel, Inc.
Syntel, Inc. provides information technology and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) services.
The company provides a range of IT services through its Applications Outsourcing, e-Business, KPO, and TeamSourcing service offerings.
The company provides application management services for ongoing management, development and maintenance of business applications. Through Applications Outsourcing, the company assumes responsibility for, and manages selected applications support functions of the customers. The Global Delivery Service is central to Syntels delivery of Applications Outsourcing services. It enables the company to respond to customers needs for ongoing service and has provided the capability to become productive quickly to meet timing and resource demands for mission critical applications.
The company has developed methodologies, processes and tools to integrate and execute Applications Outsourcing engagements. Referred to as IntelliTransfer, this methodology is implemented in three stages of planning, transition and launch. Syntel first focuses on the customers personnel, processes, technology and culture to develop a plan to assimilate the business process knowledge of the customer. Syntel then begins to learn the business processes of the customer and, finally, seeks to assume responsibility for performance of a particular customer applications system or systems.
Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)
Through KPO, the company provides outsourced solutions for a clients knowledge and business processes. Syntel uses a proprietary tool called Identeon to assist with strategic assessments of business processes, identifying the right ones for outsourcing. The company focuses on the middle and back-office business processes of the transaction cycle in the capital markets, banking, healthcare and insurance industries. Its Financial KPO services include investment management global operations including brokerage operations, middle office reconciliation, Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Performance and Attribution, Trade Processing, Compliance Monitoring, Corporate Actions, Custody Reconciliation, Hedge Fund Administration, and Data Management. Syntels insurance KPO services include claims processing and policy administration, among others.
The company provides strategic advanced technology services for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of solutions. The company provides customized technology services in the areas of Web solutions, including architecture, enablement of legacy applications, and portal development. In the area of Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence, Syntel helps customers make use of information with in their businesses through the development and implementation of data warehouses and data mining tools. In the areas of Enterprise Applications Integration and Enterprise Resource Planning, Syntel takes an enterprise-wide view of its customers environment and implements package software solutions that create integration, and therefore information utilization, between front office and back-office applications. Syntel helps its customers select the appropriate package software options, then customize and implement the solutions. Additionally, the company engages in several partnerships to provide its implementation, customization, migration and maintenance services with software and IT application software infrastructure.
The company offers professional IT consulting services directly to its customers and, to a lesser degree, in partnership with other service providers. The professional IT consulting services include individual professionals and teams of professionals assisting customer systems projects and ongoing IT functions. The companys range of TeamSourcing services include IT applications systems specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance, which involve diverse computer hardware, software, data and networking technologies and practices.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets and sells services directly through professional sales team and senior management team operating principally from the companys offices in Santa Clara, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Schaumburg, Illinois; Miami, Florida; Minneapolis, Minnesota; New York, New York; Troy, Michigan; Cary, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; Memphis, Tennessee; Natick, Massachusetts; Framingham, Massachusetts; Reading, UK; Hong Kong; Stuttgart, Germany; Singapore; Paris, France; Toronto, Canada; Ireland and Australia.
The company provides its services to a range of corporations in the financial services, healthcare, insurance, automotive, retail and other industries. In 2009, the company provided services to 103 customers, principally in the U.S. The company also provides services to customers in Europe and Southeast Asia.
The companys most direct competitors in IT include Cognizant, Infosys Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro Technologies. It also competes with IT service providers, such as Accenture and IBM Global Services. In KPO, the company primarily competes with other offshore KPO vendors, including HCL, Wipro Technologies and WNS.
Syntel, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNTEL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNTEL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNTEL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNTEL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNTEL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Syntel, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Syntel, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Syntel, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Syntel, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Syntel, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNTEL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNTEL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNTEL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNTEL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNTEL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNTEL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Syntel, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Syntel, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Syntel, Inc. Major Shareholders
Syntel, Inc. History
Syntel, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Syntel, Inc. Offices and Representations
Syntel, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Syntel, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Syntel, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Syntel, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Syntel, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Syntel, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Syntel, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Syntel, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Syntel, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Syntel, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Syntel, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Syntel, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?