- The report contains detailed information about Synopsys Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synopsys Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synopsys Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synopsys Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synopsys Inc. business.
About Synopsys Inc.
Synopsys, Inc. provides electronic design automation (EDA) software and related services for semiconductor design companies. The company delivers semiconductor design and verification software platforms and integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing software products to the global electronics market, enabling the development and production of systems-on-chips (SoCs). In addition, the company provides intellectual property (IP), system-level design hardware and software products, and design services. It also provides software and services that help customers prepare and optimize their designs for manufacturing.
Products and Services
The companys products and services are divided into five common groupings: Galaxy Design Platform and Discovery Verification Platform (which are typically sold and reported together as Core EDA), Intellectual Property (IP) and System-Level Solutions, Manufacturing Solutions, and Professional Services.
Galaxy Design Platform
The companys Galaxy Design Platform provides its customers with a single, integrated IC design solution which includes individual products and which incorporates common libraries and timing, delay calculation, and constraints throughout the design process. The platform allows designers to integrate internally developed and third-party tools. The companys solutions span both digital and analog/mixed-signal designs.
Discovery Verification Platform
The companys Discovery Verification Platform is an integrated portfolio of functional, analog/mixed-signal, formal, and low-power verification solutions. The platform includes its simulation and verification products and design-for-verification methodologies, and provides a control environment to help significantly improve the speed, breadth, and accuracy of its customers verification efforts. The Discovery Verification Platforms components span both digital and analog/mixed-signal designs.
Intellectual Property (IP) and System-Level Solutions
The company's IP portfolio includes its IP products and components. It offers a portfolio of silicon-proven digital, PHY, analog, and verification IP for SoC designs. The company provides connectivity IP solutions for various protocols, such as USB, PCI Express, DDR, SATA, HDMI, Ethernet, and MIPI. The companys analog IP solutions include analog-to-digital converters, digital-to-analog converters, audio codecs, video analog front ends, and touch screen controllers. In addition, the company offers SystemC transaction-level models to build virtual platforms for pre-silicon development of software.
The company's System-Level Solutions enable customers to accelerate verification and embedded software development. The portfolio of system-level products enables chip designers to bridge the gap from system design to implementation. Products include virtual platforms that are functional software models of embedded systems, enabling pre-silicon software development and software-driven system validation, solutions for developing, running and debugging virtual platforms, and a prototyping system that improves functional verification of large designs and can be used to improve development of embedded software on devices.
The companys Manufacturing Solutions products and technologies address the mask-making and yield enhancement of very small-geometry ICs, as well as very high-level modeling of physical effects within the ICs.
Professional Services and Other
The company provides a portfolio of consulting and design services covering critical phases of the SoC development process. These services are aligned with its products and solutions to advance customers learning curves, help develop and deploy advanced methodologies, and accelerate the implementation of their chips. The company offers customers various engagement models to address their project-specific and long-term needs, from on-site assistance to full turnkey development. It also offers the Lynx Design System, which is a production-ready chip implementation system. In addition, it provides a range of customer education services.
Sales and Distribution
The company markets its products and services primarily through direct sales in the United States and principal foreign markets. It maintains sales/support centers throughout the United States. Outside the United States, the company maintains sales, support or service offices in Canada, multiple countries in Europe, Israel, Japan, and other countries in Asia.
In March 2010, Synopsys Inc. and Interuniversity MicroElectronics Center (Imec) announced that they have entered into a collaboration to use Synopsys TCAD (Technology Computer-Aided Design) finite-element method tools for characterizing and optimizing the electrical performance of through-silicon vias (TSVs).
In November 2010, Carl Zeiss and Synopsys Inc. have a collaboration to support the Zeiss tool family for in-die metrology solutions for the 32-nanometer technology node and below.
The companys competitors include EDA vendors that offer varying ranges of products and services, including Cadence Design Systems, Inc.; Mentor Graphics Corporation; and Magma Design Automation, Inc.
Synopsys, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNOPSYS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNOPSYS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNOPSYS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNOPSYS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNOPSYS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synopsys Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synopsys Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synopsys Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synopsys Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synopsys Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNOPSYS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNOPSYS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNOPSYS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNOPSYS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNOPSYS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNOPSYS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synopsys Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synopsys Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synopsys Inc. Major Shareholders
Synopsys Inc. History
Synopsys Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synopsys Inc. Offices and Representations
Synopsys Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synopsys Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synopsys Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Synopsys Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Synopsys Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synopsys Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synopsys Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synopsys Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Synopsys Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Synopsys Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synopsys Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synopsys Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?