- The report contains detailed information about Symantec Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Symantec Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Symantec Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Symantec Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Symantec Corporation business.
About Symantec Corporation
Symantec Corporation provides security, storage, and systems management solutions that help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. The company provides customers with software and services that protect, manage, and control information risks related to security, backup and recovery, storage, compliance, and systems management. It conducts its business in three geographic regions: Americas, which comprises the United States, Canada, and Latin America; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and the Asia Pacific/Japan (APJ).
Segments and Products
The companys primary operating segments include Consumer; Security and Compliance; Storage and Server Management; and Services.
The Consumer segment provides Internet security and protection solutions, suites and services to individual users and home offices with Norton and PC Tools brands. The companys Norton brand offers premium, full-featured security suites, as well as related services, such as online backup, family safety, and PC tune-up across multiple platforms. PC Tools products are designed specifically for the value-minded consumer which allows Symantec to extend its reach into emerging and price-sensitive market segments. Products include Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus, Norton Online Backup, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, and PC Tools Registry Mechanic. The companys online backup offering serves 12 million customers and hosts approximately 56 petabytes of consumers data.
Security and Compliance
The Security and Compliance segment helps its customers standardize and automate the day-to-day security activities to secure and manage their information. The company has focused on offering security suite solutions that tie together multiple layers of protection and simplified management. The companys primary solutions in this segment address the following areas:
Enterprise Security: The companys Symantec Protection Suite creates a protected endpoint, messaging, and Web environment that is secure against complex malware, data loss and spam threats, and recovers endpoint data in the event of failure. The companys Symantec Data Loss Prevention Suite helps companies understand where important information resides and helps ensure the appropriate access and movement of information into and out of the company. The companys Symantec Control Compliance Suite allows businesses to prioritize risks, define and assess global IT policies, and remediate identified deficiencies.
Systems Management: The companys solutions help companies realize value from their existing IT investments. Its Altiris IT Management Suite provides client, server, and asset management with full service desk and automation capabilities.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): Symantec Hosted Services, its SaaS offerings, enable customers to improve their messaging and Web protection by blocking email, Web, and IM threats before they reach the network. The companys SaaS security solutions simplify global management through use of a central portal. The companys SaaS offerings allow to manage their business using hosted services or through a mix of onsite and hosted solutions. Products include MessageLabs Hosted Email, Web, and Instant Messaging Security.
Storage and Server Management
The Storage and Server Management segment focuses on providing enterprise customers with storage management, high availability, and backup and archiving solutions across heterogeneous storage and server platforms. These solutions enable companies to standardize on a single layer of infrastructure software that works on every major distributed operating system and supports every major storage device, database, and application in both physical and virtual environments. The companys primary storage and server management solutions address the following areas:
Information Management: The companys Information Management business includes backup and archiving. It helps organizations protect themselves by bringing together archiving, deduplication, and backup functionality into an integrated solution. It helps customers back up information and deduplicate cl
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYMANTEC CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYMANTEC CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYMANTEC CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYMANTEC CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYMANTEC CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Symantec Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Symantec Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Symantec Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Symantec Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Symantec Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SYMANTEC CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYMANTEC CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYMANTEC CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYMANTEC CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYMANTEC CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYMANTEC CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Symantec Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Symantec Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Symantec Corporation Major Shareholders
Symantec Corporation History
Symantec Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Symantec Corporation Offices and Representations
Symantec Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Symantec Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Symantec Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Symantec Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Symantec Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Symantec Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Symantec Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Symantec Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Symantec Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Symantec Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Symantec Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Symantec Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?