- The report contains detailed information about Stream Global Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stream Global Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stream Global Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stream Global Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stream Global Services, Inc. business.
About Stream Global Services, Inc.
Stream Global Services, Inc. operates as a global business process outsourcing (BPO) service provider. The company offers customer relationship management (CRM) services, including sales, customer care, and technical support.
The companys outsourced services include technical support, customer care, sales, and revenue generation, as well as other professional back-office services. It utilize a proprietary Smart Shore methodology to determine the optimal mix of support locations onshore, nearshore, or offshore and delivery mechanisms (voice, email, chat and self-service) to meet its clients customer care objectives.
Whether delivered through voice, email, or chat technologies, the companys suite of service offerings encompass the entire customer lifecycle, from technical support typically the first point of post-sales contact through ongoing customer care and cross-sell/up-sell opportunities. Technical support services include transactions executed by end user customers who contact a solution center after they have purchased a product and/or service and are looking for assistance with its operation or usage. Technical support transactions may be initiated via a voice or via self-help, e-mail, chat/Web collaboration, and callback.
In addition to technical support solutions, the company offers ongoing customer service and customer care offerings. These are designed to manage customer relationships for its clients on an ongoing basis. The companys customer retention programs are designed to help its clients build brand loyalty by utilizing the right CRM techniques and tools to improve response rates and increase order values.
The company provides an integrated contact center delivery platform composed of interaction services that provide integrated customer interaction channels, contact center management services that allow it to deploy and optimize the use of its resources, and information services that provide for real-time analytics and reporting tools.
The companys interaction services utilize a combination of VoIP and SIP to deliver a set of integrated customer channels, including voice, speech, email and chat, that are integrated into a set of information and analytic platforms providing for the ability to use real time analytics and data analytic tools focused on improving the value of the customer interaction.
The companys proprietary contact center management platform is a management framework developed with a combination of proprietary applications and customized off-the-shelf software and tools, such as Oracle (for financial reporting and human resources management), Kronos (for time and attendance), Taleo (for applicant tracking), Aspect eWFM (for workforce management) and includes proprietary, quality monitoring, learning and development tools (including eLearning that allows for push-training directly to agent desktops), and workforce management tools. The companys proprietary and customized technology and application platform provides CRM features and solutions for its clients on a global basis.
Clients and Markets
The companys clients include technology, computing, telecommunications, retail, entertainment/media, and financial services companies, such as Dell Inc., the Hewlett-Packard Company, and AT&T Inc. The company has a direct sales force and sales support organization focused on high growth companies in the target industries in North America, Latin America, Asia, and Europe.
The company conducts business in various countries outside of the United States, including Canada, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, France, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, India, the Philippines, El Salvador, Egypt, Tunisia, South Africa, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica.
The company competes directly and indirectly with certain companies that provide CRM and other BPO solutions on an outsourced basis, including Aditya Birla Minacs; APAC Customer Services, Inc.; TIVIT Terceirizacao de Tecnologia e Servicos SA Contax Participacoes SA; Atento Brasil S.A; Convergys Corporation; EXLService Holdings, Inc.; Genpact Limited; Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company; SITEL Corporation; StarTek, Inc.; Sutherland Global Services; Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated; TechTeam Global, Inc.; Teleperformance S.A.; Teletech Holdings, Inc.; TransCom Worldwide SA; West Corporation; Wipro Limited; and WNS (Holdings) Limited.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stream Global Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stream Global Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stream Global Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stream Global Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stream Global Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STREAM GLOBAL SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stream Global Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stream Global Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stream Global Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Stream Global Services, Inc. History
Stream Global Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stream Global Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Stream Global Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stream Global Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stream Global Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Stream Global Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Stream Global Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stream Global Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stream Global Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stream Global Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Stream Global Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Stream Global Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stream Global Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stream Global Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?