- The report contains detailed information about SRS Labs Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SRS Labs Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SRS Labs Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SRS Labs Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SRS Labs Inc. business.
About SRS Labs Inc.
SRS Labs, Inc. focuses on developing and licensing audio, voice, and surround sound technology solutions to the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), software providers and semiconductor companies. The company also engages in sales and marketing of stand-alone software and hardware products through the Internet. The companys audio enhancement technologies and solutions restore audio and voice to its natural state, in both dimension and clarity.
Products and Technologies
The companys portfolio of licensable technologies includes a range of technologies and proprietary techniques for the processing and delivery of audio, voice and surround sound, including the following:
Surround Sound: The companys surround sound technologies include SRS TruSurround XT, TruSurround HD, TruSurround HD4, Circle Surround, Circle Surround II and Circle Surround Automotive. Circle Surround, is an encoding and decoding format. Circle Surround encoding enables the distribution of up to 6.1 channels of audio over existing two-channel carriers, such as digital media files, standard definition and high-definition television, FM radio and CDs. Circle Surround decoding decodes Circle Surround encoded material for multi-channel playback or creates up to 6.1 channels of audio from older formats of material, including mono, stereo, 4-channel surround or other matrix surround formats.
Audio Rendering: The companys audio rendering technologies optimize device audio output and enable the presentation of 3D and multichannel audio content over two speakers. These technologies include the ability to render 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers, to create a sound stage for natural audio, to improve the perceived bass response in small speakers, to dynamically position audio sources in a virtual 3D space using headphones, and to reposition the audio image for non-optimally placed speakers. The companys audio technologies include SRS Xspace 3D, SRS WOW, SRS WOW XT, SRS WOW HD, SRS TruBass, SRS FOCUS, SRS Headphone, SRS DialogClarity, TruVolume (also known as VIQ), and SRS 3D Sound.
Voice Processing: The companys TruVoice (also known as VIP and VIP+) and Noise Reduction technologies reduce noise to produce a much clearer and crisper dialog over wireless communication devices and improve the intelligibility of the human voice in various listening situations, including high ambient background environments.
Solutions Suite: The companys solutions suites combine several of its technologies in order to deliver a comprehensive, easier to deploy package of post processing audio enhancement products. Solution suites also enable to impact the performance of the OEM products by employing multiple technologies and techniques to enhance and control the overall audio fidelity and performance of the product. Its solution suites include SRS Premium Sound and SRS Premium Voice for personal computers, SRS TruMedia, SRS TruVoice, and SRS TruTools for mobile phones, and StudioSound HD and TheaterSound for home entertainment products.
Customers and Markets
The company licenses its technologies both in the U.S. and internationally. Internationally, it maintains offices in Japan, Taiwan, China, Spain and Korea to support its multi-national OEM customers. Through its licensing business, the company markets its portfolio of technologies and solution suites to the following markets: home entertainment, personal computers, personal telecommunications, automotive, and portable media devices.
Home Entertainment: Home entertainment products represent the major market for the companys technologies. Manufacturers in this market utilize its technologies and solutions to improve functionality and product performance and/or to differentiate their products from their competitors. Product categories within this market include flat panel televisions (such as LCD and Plasma televisions) and set-top boxes (STBs).
Televisions: The companys audio technologies and solution suites are used by television manufacturers as a solution to audio challenges that manufacturers encounter in flat panel television designs and/or as a differentiating feature. It provides
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SRS LABS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SRS LABS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SRS LABS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SRS LABS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SRS LABS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SRS Labs Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SRS Labs Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SRS Labs Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SRS Labs Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SRS Labs Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SRS LABS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SRS LABS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SRS LABS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SRS LABS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SRS LABS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SRS LABS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SRS Labs Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SRS Labs Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SRS Labs Inc. Major Shareholders
SRS Labs Inc. History
SRS Labs Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SRS Labs Inc. Offices and Representations
SRS Labs Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SRS Labs Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SRS Labs Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SRS Labs Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
SRS Labs Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SRS Labs Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SRS Labs Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SRS Labs Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SRS Labs Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SRS Labs Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SRS Labs Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SRS Labs Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?