- The report contains detailed information about Spare Backup, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spare Backup, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spare Backup, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spare Backup, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spare Backup, Inc. business.
About Spare Backup, Inc.
Spare Backup, Inc. engages in the development and marketing of software products specifically designed for consumers, as well as the small business and home business users.
Products and Services
The company's Spare line of software products includes Spare Backup service, Spare Backup software, and Spare Switch PC data migration software.
The companys primary product is Spare Backup, an automated remote backup solution designed and developed especially for the small office or home environment which automatically backs up all data on selected laptop or desktop computers. Its Spare Switch software enables users to complete the transfer of personal files from one PC to another via a high speed Internet connection. Spare Backup offers an automatic program installation that requires absolutely no user interaction to configure backups. Spare Backup scans the user's computer and has various presets which it backs up automatically, such as all contacts, email messages and attachments, address book, contacts, folders and contents, signature files from Outlook and Outlook Express; Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, templates and settings from MS Office; My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, Quicken, QuickBooks, MS Money, Turbo Tax and Tax Cut; and desktop files.
Spare Switch is used by either downloading the software from the Internet or by inserting an installation CD into the old computer. Spare Switch then scans the hard drive and inventories of personal directories, giving the user a report of the documents and other files. From that inventory, the user can then select the exact files to transfer to the new PC. Spare Switch avoids the need for PC-to-PC transfer cable by compacting, encrypting and then transferring the files via the Internet. Spare Switch's data center can then hold the data for as long as a week, giving the user the flexibility to choose when to download the files to the new PC.
Spare Room is designed to complement the Spare Backup software. The Spare Backup software automatically backs up a user's files from the user's desktop to the Spare Backup's cloud. The solution allows the user to get the most out of available tools and services on the Internet while providing the security of online backup.
Spare Mobile provides a user with the ability to backup data and settings from their phone to the Spare cloud without the need to connect the mobile device to a PC via a cable. Spare Mobile works in conjunction with the users of Spare Backup and Spare Room accounts. Spare Room provides an interface for a user to manage their mobile device and the files contained on their mobile device.
Another feature functionality that the company has developed is Spare Synchronization. Spare Synchronization is defined as the mirroring or synchronization of content across multiple machines. Spare Diagnostics is another product the company is working on that works in conjunction with Spare Backup in order to help predict, prevent, and solve computer issues of its users before they have an impact on their operating systems. Spare Diagnostics would track system data and generate reports on any potential issues that may cause its customers to experience problems with their computers.
The company focuses on owners and executives of businesses which do not have an IT (information technology) department that use technology to support their businesses, as well as small business users and consumers who desire to secure the redundancy of available files and documents vital to the continuity of their operations, business, or personal information. The company's products and services also support individual business professionals working in companies of various sizes.
The companys primary competitors are various Internet-based backup providers and broadcasters, such as Connected.com, Livevault, and backup.com, Carbonite and EMC/Mozy. It also competes with providers of traditional backup technologies, such as Veritas and Symantec (swampdrive) (Norton 360).
Spare Backup, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPARE BACKUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPARE BACKUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPARE BACKUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPARE BACKUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPARE BACKUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spare Backup, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spare Backup, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spare Backup, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spare Backup, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spare Backup, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPARE BACKUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPARE BACKUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPARE BACKUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPARE BACKUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPARE BACKUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPARE BACKUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spare Backup, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spare Backup, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spare Backup, Inc. Major Shareholders
Spare Backup, Inc. History
Spare Backup, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spare Backup, Inc. Offices and Representations
Spare Backup, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spare Backup, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spare Backup, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spare Backup, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Spare Backup, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spare Backup, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spare Backup, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spare Backup, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spare Backup, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spare Backup, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spare Backup, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spare Backup, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?