- The report contains detailed information about Sohu.com Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sohu.com Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sohu.com Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sohu.com Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sohu.com Inc. business.
About Sohu.com Inc.
Sohu.com Inc., an Internet company, provides online products and services in the Peoples Republic of China. The company, together with its wholly owned and majority-owned subsidiaries and variable interest entities (the Sohu Group) mainly offers advertising services (through brand advertising and sponsored search), online game services (via Changyou.com Limited) and wireless services through its Internet sites: sohu.com, 17173.com, focus.cn, chinaren.com, sogou.com, and changyou.com.
The company's advertising business, including brand advertising services and sponsored search services, offers various products and services to its users (such as free-of-charge premier content, interactive community, integration search, and other Internet services), and provides advertising services to advertisers on its matrices of Chinese language Web properties consisting of: sohu.com, a mass portal and online media destination; 17173.com, an online game information portal; focus.cn, a real estate Website; chinaren.com, an online alumni club; and sogou.com, an interactive proprietary search engine. Brand advertising services provide advertisements on the company's portal Websites to companies seeking to increase their brand awareness online. Sponsored search services provide placements in the company's search directory and pay-for-click services to customers, especially small and medium-sized enterprises.
Products and Services
The Sohu Group has a matrix of Web properties. On all of its Websites, the company offers basic content to its users on a free of charge basis. Sohu properties consist of Chinese language Web navigational capabilities, approximately 40 main content channels, Web-based communication, and community services. Each of its interest-specific main channels contains multi-level sub-channels that cover a range of topics, including news, entertainment, sports, business and finance, information technology, automobile, real estate, and women-focused issues. The company also offers free Web-based communication and community, and other Internet services.
The company delivers authorized high-definition video content and original in-house produced video content surrounding nationwide events on channels geared for specific types of content, including v.sohu for entertainment, s.sohu for sports, and tv.sohu for TV programs. These channels provide users access to video content, including domestic and overseas movies and TV dramas, in-house produced online talk shows, exclusive celebrity interviews, live Webcasts, on-demand sports games, and user-generated video clips.
17173.com: The companys game portal 17173.com is an online destination for game players seeking information on games and feedback from other players on the sites message boards.
Focus.cn: Focus.cn is one of the real estate Websites in China, providing solutions for house seekers, homeowners, potential property or household appliance buyers with high incomes, and real estate professionals. As of December 31, 2009, the Website had been successfully rolled out into 33 cities.
Chinaren.com: ChinaRen is an online youth community in China, with approximately 90 million registered users.
Sogou.com: Sogou, which means Search Dog, is Sohus proprietary search engine. Sogou performs interactive searches of Web pages.
The company aggregates content, and provides content on various topics. It organizes its content around 40 main channels on the Sohu portal. Each channel contains various sub-channels and features news, commentaries and various utilities and solutions relating to a specific topic. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 1,500 content partners.
The companys channels include News, which delivers a selection of local, national and international news from newspapers, magazines and other information providers throughout China; Entertainment, which contains extensive coverage of entertainment arenas that are of interest to Chinese users, including movies, television programs, plays, operas and classical music; Sports, which provides the nation
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOHU.COM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOHU.COM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOHU.COM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOHU.COM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOHU.COM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sohu.com Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sohu.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sohu.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sohu.com Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sohu.com Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOHU.COM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOHU.COM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOHU.COM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOHU.COM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOHU.COM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOHU.COM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sohu.com Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sohu.com Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sohu.com Inc. Major Shareholders
Sohu.com Inc. History
Sohu.com Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sohu.com Inc. Offices and Representations
Sohu.com Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sohu.com Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sohu.com Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sohu.com Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Sohu.com Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sohu.com Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sohu.com Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sohu.com Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sohu.com Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sohu.com Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sohu.com Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sohu.com Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?