- The report contains detailed information about Soapstone Networks Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Soapstone Networks Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Soapstone Networks Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Soapstone Networks Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Soapstone Networks Inc. business.
About Soapstone Networks Inc.
Soapstone Networks Inc. develops resource and service control software. The companys operations are focused on developing and marketing its Soapstone Provider Network Controller (PNC) framework. The Soapstone PNC framework is designed to help service providers and enterprises connect their physical networking infrastructure to Next Generation Network (NGN) software frameworks, and deploy services across their networks, by providing a multi-vendor, software-based service control plane.
Soapstone Networks is in the process of developing resource and service control software that is designed to automate the service lifecycle for carriers and large enterprises. The Soapstone solution is intended to accelerate service deployment and management by providing provisioning, monitoring and repair, network operations support, network fault to service correlation, Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring, performance, optimization, and planning software.
In 2008, the company made its multi-vendor dynamic control plane product commercially available to the PBT market. Additional products and related features, functions and supported platforms and technologies for the PNC are in the research and development stage.
The Soapstone Networks PNC framework is designed to automate the service lifecycle by providing provisioning, monitoring and repair, operations support, network fault to service correlation, performance, optimization, and planning software to carrier and enterprise customers. The Soapstone PNC bridges the gap between the centralized transaction model for services and the completely decentralized model that exists for transport by delivering centralized control and end-to-end coordination.
The first modules of the Soapstone PNC which were commercially available in the third quarter of 2008 include the service provisioning, monitoring and repair, and bridge-and-roll functionality for Carrier Ethernet.
The PNC performs complex path computations involving various constraints and equipment limitations and other constraints dictated by network policy rules. The PNC uses a combination of algorithmic, heuristic, and rule-based approaches to route each flow subject to the service constraints and limitations of the network equipment.
Service Monitoring and Repair
After a network event, such as the failure of a link, node or fiber, the network equipment responds in less than 50msec to provide service protection. After sub-50msec fail-over on the switch hardware through path protection capabilities, the PNC, which has a database of the network topology, determines which service(s) was affected by the outage and recreates both a primary and secondary path to restore the service and ensure that it remains protected.
Network Maintenance/Operations (Bridge-and-Roll)
The PNC provides network operations support by making it possible for customers to introduce new hardware or services into a network or perform routine maintenance in an automated fashion. This capability enables customers to request the removal of nodes from active service without disruption to services.
Service Level Agreement Monitoring
The PNC would allow each service to be monitored against the SLA requirement for the service. Should the service violate the SLA, the PNC would raise an alarm to the services layer.
Network Fault to Service Correlation
The PNC is positioned, through its monitoring of the network topology and over-laid services, to identify a network failure, determine which service(s) are affected by the outage and raise an alarm to notify the provider of the event affecting the service(s).
The PNC can monitor and correlate traffic at physical, transport and service levels to enable network planning. The PNC has the capability to plan for service activation by reserving bandwidth in advance of the service usage, thus guaranteeing service availability in the future.
The PNC presents an SOA-based northbound interface to software such as an OSS or external planning tools. The PNC would support multiple, simultaneous operating northbound interfaces allowing for external software agents to control the PNC and establish services, query states and monitor alarms. The PNC would support various northbound interface types including MTOSI and other OSS/BSS interfaces.
The company would market its Soapstone products to service providers and large enterprises.
The companys primary competitors include integrated data and control plane solutions from companies such as Cisco Systems and Juniper Networks.
Soapstone Networks Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Soapstone Networks Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Soapstone Networks Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Soapstone Networks Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Soapstone Networks Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Soapstone Networks Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOAPSTONE NETWORKS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Soapstone Networks Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Soapstone Networks Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Soapstone Networks Inc. Major Shareholders
Soapstone Networks Inc. History
Soapstone Networks Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Soapstone Networks Inc. Offices and Representations
Soapstone Networks Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Soapstone Networks Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Soapstone Networks Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Soapstone Networks Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Soapstone Networks Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Soapstone Networks Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Soapstone Networks Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Soapstone Networks Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Soapstone Networks Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Soapstone Networks Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Soapstone Networks Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Soapstone Networks Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?