- The report contains detailed information about Simulations Plus Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Simulations Plus Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Simulations Plus Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Simulations Plus Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Simulations Plus Inc. business.
About Simulations Plus Inc.
Simulations Plus, Inc. engages in the development and production of software for use in pharmaceutical research and for education, as well as provision of contract research services to the pharmaceutical industry. The company also produces a personal productivity software program called Abbreviate!.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Words+, Inc. (Words+), produces computer software and specialized hardware for use by persons with disabilities.
The company offers four software products for pharmaceutical research: ADMET Predictor, MedChem Studio, DDDPlus, and GastroPlus.
ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) Predictor provides a collection of statistically numerical models that predict various properties of chemical compounds from their molecular structures. ADMET Predictor includes a subprogram ADMET Modeler as an optional module. ADMET Modeler automates the training process, so very high quality models are produced in a small fraction of the time once required. With ADMET Modeler integrated into ADMET Predictor, scientists without model-building experience would use their own experimental data to create predictive models.
ADMET Predictor software serves as a tool to allow chemists to run different software programs in series to accomplish a set workflow for various molecules. Using Pipeline Pilot with ADMET Predictor (and MedChem Studio), perhaps in conjunction with other software products, chemists would create and screen libraries by running each program by itself.
MedChem Studio (formerly ClassPharmer)
MedChem Studio is a tool for medicinal and computational chemists for both data mining and for designing new drug-like molecules. Coupled with the accurate property predictions in ADMET Predictor, the two programs provide a capability for chemists to search through various libraries of compounds to find the promising classes and molecules that are active against a particular target. In addition, MedChem Studio with ADMET Predictor would take an interesting molecule and generate analogs (similar new molecules) using different algorithms. MedChem Studios molecule design capabilities provide various ways for chemists to generate various chemical structures based on intelligence from compounds that have already been synthesized and tested, or from basic chemical reactions selected by the user.
DDDPlus simulates in vitro laboratory experiments that measure the rate of dissolution of the drug contained in tablets and capsules in various experimental conditions. This software program is used by formulation scientists to reduce the number of cut-and-try attempts to design drug formulations, as well as to design in vitro experiments to mimic in vivo conditions.
GastroPlus simulates the absorption, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of drugs administered to humans and animals, and is in use at various pharmaceutical companies, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other government agencies in the U.S. and other countries. It would finalize the Version 7.0, which includes three major market-expanding capabilities that have been in development.
The information provided through GastroPlus simulations would guide project decisions in various ways. Among the kinds of knowledge gained through such simulations include the first dose in human for a new drug prior to Phase I trials; whether a potential new drug compound is likely to be absorbed at high enough levels to achieve the desired blood concentrations needed for effective therapy; whether the absorption process is affected by certain enzymes and transporter proteins in the intestinal tract that may cause the amount of drug reaching the blood to be very different after absorption from one region of the intestine to another; when certain properties of a new compound are probably adequately estimated by in silico predictions (such as ADMET Predictor) or from simple experiments, than through in vitro or animal experiments; what the likely variations in blood and tissue concentration levels of a drug would be in a population, in different age groups or in different ethnic groups; and whether a formulation for an approved drug is to demonstrate bioequivalence (equivalent blood concentration versus time) to the marketed dosage form in a human trial.
Contract Research and Consulting Services
The company conducts contracted studies for customers (including 5 pharmaceutical companies) who prefer to have studies run by its scientists.
The company markets its pharmaceutical software and consulting services through attendance and presentations at scientific meetings, exhibits at trade shows, seminars at pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies, through its Web pages on the Internet, and using various communication media to its compiled database of prospect and customer names. It added an independent sales representative in Europe, and it has two independent representatives in China.
WORDS+ is developing augmentative and alternative communication and computer access software and devices for disabled persons for over 29 years. It introduces EyePro, an eyegaze product. Eyegaze technology allows people to operate a computer or communication device by looking at the screen, and has been a major breakthrough for people with severe disabilities.
WORDS+ markets its products in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, France, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
Simulations Plus, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Simulations Plus Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Simulations Plus Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Simulations Plus Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Simulations Plus Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Simulations Plus Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIMULATIONS PLUS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Simulations Plus Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Simulations Plus Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Simulations Plus Inc. Major Shareholders
Simulations Plus Inc. History
Simulations Plus Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Simulations Plus Inc. Offices and Representations
Simulations Plus Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Simulations Plus Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Simulations Plus Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Simulations Plus Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Simulations Plus Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Simulations Plus Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Simulations Plus Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Simulations Plus Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Simulations Plus Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Simulations Plus Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Simulations Plus Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Simulations Plus Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?