- The report contains detailed information about Siboney Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Siboney Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Siboney Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Siboney Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Siboney Corp. business.
About Siboney Corp.
Siboney Corporation engages in publishing educational software products in academic areas, primarily for schools. The companys main subsidiary, Siboney Learning Group, Inc., publishes standards-based educational software products for reading, language, mathematics, science, writing and English as a second language, primarily for K-12 students and adult learners.
The company publishes four comprehensive software product lines: Orchard Software for Your State (Orchard), GAMCO Educational Software, Educational Activities Software, and PracticePlanet.
Orchard integrates the results of subject specific assessment tests which are based upon state standards, with individualized instruction from approximately 160 Skill Trees (individual software programs) in K-12 reading, language, mathematics and science. Orchards assessment identifies areas of academic weakness for each student with in his/her states grade-specific standards of learning. Orchard then prescribes an individualized learning path for each student as students interact with a variety of motivating instructional approaches that appeal to different learning styles. Orchards management system tracks student progress for teachers and administrators who are facing increasing pressure for data-driven decision making as mandated by NCLB. Interim assessment tools can be used to measure educational gains and to prepare students for their high-stakes state tests.
Approximately 9,000 schools use Orchard in computer labs, learning centers and classrooms to supplement instruction. Orchards solution is delivered as an unlimited network/site license. The company released an update to Orchard in 2007 which included new curriculum titles and updated graphics, along with enhanced assessment and reporting capabilities. A version of Orchard (Orchard Home) appropriate for home users is sold through a direct-to-home marketer of educational products.
The company also publishes two titles-based instructional software product lines:
GAMCO Educational Software (GAMCO) is its original software product line. GAMCO provides schools with single titles and curriculum solutions. GAMCO products are sold through the major national and regional school software catalog dealers. All GAMCO titles include management features that track student progress and allow teachers to modify the instruction to meet individual learning needs. Titles include Touchdown Math, Math Concepts, Language Concepts and Phonics. GAMCO titles have been updated to run under the Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Vista operating systems.
Educational Activities Software (EAS) line has been a publisher of software for the middle school to adult learner market. EAS sells its products to schools, community colleges, adult learning centers and correctional facilities. EAS is its primary product offering for the adult learning market.
In February 2007, Siboney Learning Group and Edumatics Corporation (Edumatics), entered into a Strategic Alliance and Joint Development Agreement. The Strategic Alliance and Joint Development Agreement calls for Siboney and Edumatics to jointly develop an online product (named PracticePlanet) to assist elementary and middle school students in preparing for their annual high-stakes state tests, using intellectual property provided by Siboney. The company began offering PracticePlanet in August 2007. PracticePlanet is marketed, sold and supported using Siboneys employees and independent sales channels.
PracticePlanet is an online test practice program designed to enhance student skills and improve scores on state assessments. PracticePlanet uses test items which are correlated to state testing standards, prompt feedback and interactive games designed to keep students engaged. The online delivery system allows students and teachers to have access to PracticePlanet wherever an Internet connection is available. Test and practice results are automatically aggregated and presented in a form that is concise.
The company also has certain natural resources interests, including coal, oil and gas, through Siboney Coal Company, Inc. and other subsidiaries.
The companys major customer is Brainstorm USA.
The companys competitors in the comprehensive learning systems market include the following major publishers: Pearson Digital Learning, Plato Learning, Compass Learning, and Houghton Mifflin/Riverdeep.
Siboney Corporation was founded in 1955.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIBONEY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIBONEY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIBONEY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIBONEY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIBONEY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Siboney Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Siboney Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Siboney Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Siboney Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Siboney Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SIBONEY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIBONEY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIBONEY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIBONEY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIBONEY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIBONEY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Siboney Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Siboney Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Siboney Corp. Major Shareholders
Siboney Corp. History
Siboney Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Siboney Corp. Offices and Representations
Siboney Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Siboney Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Siboney Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Siboney Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Siboney Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Siboney Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Siboney Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Siboney Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Siboney Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Siboney Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Siboney Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Siboney Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?