- The report contains detailed information about Shannon International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shannon International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shannon International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shannon International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shannon International Inc. business.
About Shannon International Inc.
Shannon International, Inc. invests in oil and gas and technology. The Company primarily focuses on the acquisition, development and production of natural gas and coalbed methane properties. The Company has an interest in non-producing properties in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
The Companys wholly owned subsidiary includes Shannon Investments Ltd. In 2004, Shannon Investments Ltd. acquired a 51% interest in Logical Sequence Incorporated LSI. LSI is the developer of integrated software applications for the automotive industry.
Logical Sequence Incorporated
LSI develops software applications for the North American automotive industry. LSI's legacy product, the TIM system, is running in approximately 300 dealerships across Canada. LSI's next generation product, Lynxphere, is being developed to operate on web-based technology architecture. LSI's legacy product suite is also used in Canada. LSI's new suite consists of dealership Accounting & Vehicle Inventory, Parts Inventory, Service Management, Leasing and Sales, and Customer Relationship Management or CRM tools.
Products and Services
LSI's products consist of automobile dealership management software that integrates back-office and front office functions with Accounting, Inventory Control, Parts, Service, Electronic Time Clock, Contact Management, F&I, CRM, and Management Reporting tools. The dealership suite consists of:
Accounting - This integrated accounting package contains works in concert with Glove, i.e. General Ledger Open View Environment. Glove is an invaluable management tool within the LSI System. This tool offers dealers Real Time screen snapshot of financial statements and Daily Operating Control (DOC). The Glove Daily Operating Control offers standard or user-defined department-by-department layout breakdowns, including budget graphical presentations, pie charts, and bar graphs.
Parts - LSI's Parts Inventory System operates in Real Time with Vehicle and Service departments. The system eliminates time consuming manual tasks such as generating and tracking customer orders, placing parts orders, and manages and maintains the shop's requirements and wholesale accounts. LSI records sales, tabulates inventory, tracks activity history, and enables access to transactional detail on screen and/or in print indefinitely.
Service - LSI's integrated Service Repair system works hand in hand with both LSI Parts and Vehicle Inventory. It features electronic repair orders and a Real Time computerized time clock for automatic pricing and labor costing, tracking productivity and efficiency, and updating payroll.
Sales Tracking - LSI's Sales Tracking system is designed to help sales staff improve unit sales by tracking and profiling prospects, maintaining customer databases through successive purchases, and employing user-defined follow-up procedures.
Financing and Insurance - This is an integrated Windows-based Finance and Insurance (F&I) System, which utilizes open database compliant architecture to provide dealers with a tool to improve profitability through input screens. LSI's F&I can function in a stand-alone environment or as an integrated module with Accounting and Vehicle Inventory Programs.
Electronic Time Clock - LSI offers an integrated time clock, which enables service and body shop technicians to electronically log into repair and/or orders, made available to them. This Electronic Time Clock keeps an electronic listing of not only available time, but also clocked time and flat rate time on a work order. As well, this function automatically charges technician time to the appropriate work order. These times are available to be printed on a report or on a warranty invoice as needed.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) - LSI's CRM program includes customized reminder letters, postcards, phone lists, and more, offering the ability to target a specific group of customers with various variables or choices.
Installed Products: The Companys installed products are for auto-dealers that choose to host its automobile management solution on their own in house server. Implementation consists of installing its software on a server and PC's at the client's site, followed by training.
ASP Products: The Companys ASP or Application Service Provider products are for auto-dealers that choose to rent a solution on a monthly basis. Implementation consists of configuring the ASP server for the client's specific needs, followed by training.
LSI's Target Markets: The Company's products are used by various categories of retailers. LSI has developed a market niche that caters to automobile dealerships. LSI software has sold and installed in approximately 100 automobile dealerships across Canada. LSI software applications operate in dealer brands, such as Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, LandRover, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, and Volkswagen.
Competition: The Companys competitors include Automated Data Processing Inc. (ADP); Reynolds & Reynolds; Automate; PBS; DIS Limited; Mega-Wheels Incorporated; and Oasis.
Natural Gas Exploration Program
The Company holds a 50% working interest in petroleum and natural gas exploration and development permits covering 376,000 acres of Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia.
Principal Products or Services and Markets
The Company's principal target markets are natural gas transmission pipeline companies, utilities and private end-users, which may purchase the natural gas directly from Shannon or from pipeline companies.
As of June 30, 2006, available data relevant to the permits has been assembled and analyzed. 1200 kilometers of 2D seismic data has been acquired, assessed and analyzed, along with well logs and core samples. A 126 kilometer 2D seismic acquisition program was completed to supplement the 1200 kilometer existing seismic data in order to provide information relevant to finalizing the selection of locations for planned exploratory wells. The focus of the exploration program is on conventional natural gas accumulations at depths of approximately 2000 meters. An initial program of up to five wells was initiated.
Shannon International, Inc. was incorporated in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shannon International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shannon International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shannon International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shannon International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shannon International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHANNON INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shannon International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shannon International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shannon International Inc. Major Shareholders
Shannon International Inc. History
Shannon International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shannon International Inc. Offices and Representations
Shannon International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shannon International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shannon International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Shannon International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Shannon International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shannon International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shannon International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shannon International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Shannon International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Shannon International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shannon International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shannon International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?