Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. business.
About Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited operates as an interactive entertainment media company in China. The company operates an integrated service platform on which users have arrays of online entertainment content, including MMORPGs, advanced casual games, light casual games, and online literature.
This platform offers certain services to Internet content providers, or ICPs, such as Shanda Games and Shanda Literature, as well as third-party independent content providers, as a solution to distribute their content to its large and diverse user base. The company supports the operation of Shanda Games which operated, as of March 31, 2009, 13 MMORPGs and 9 casual games.
The companys content includes: MMORPGs and casual games offered by Shanda Games, the online game company in China; online literature offered by Shanda Literature, which operates three online literature platforms in China; an e-sports game platform in China offered by Haofang; and online chess and board games offered by Hangzhou Bianfeng and Gametea, two online chess and board game platforms in China.
Shanda Online operates its integrated service platform which provides distribution, payment, customer service, and other e-commerce services for online entertainment content, including MMORPGs, advanced casual games, light casual games, and online literature. Shanda Online provides such services to its internally developed and operated content as well as third party ICPs.
The service modules of Shanda Onlines platform include a digital content delivery system, a promotion-payment community system and a customer relationship management system.
Shanda Onlines digital content delivery system facilitates the delivery of online entertainment content to home and Internet cafe users on a timely basis. The system is comprised of a nationwide network of servers and an Internet cafe delivery solution. In addition, Shanda Online has partnered with Chengdu Jisheng, one of its VIEs, to provide a delivery system for Internet cafes, where Internet users access the online entertainment content. As of March 31, 2009, Shanda Onlines digital content delivery system covered approximately 60,000 Internet cafes in China.
Shanda Onlines promotion payment community system promotes the purchase of pre-paid cards, which can be converted into virtual currency for consumption of the online entertainment content available on Shanda Onlines service platform. Shanda Online has developed a multi-channel system for the sale of pre-paid cards. As of March 31, 2009, its users were able to purchase pre-paid cards online with credit and/or debit card issued by 16 banks in China; offline through approximately 300,000 various points of sale across China; or by using their wireless or fixed phone lines.
As of March 31, 2009, 13 third-party game developers and operators in China offered or had agreed to offer their games through Shanda Onlines service platform.
Shanda Games, the companys wholly owned subsidiary, has created an approach to develop, source and manage intellectual property rights relating to MMORPGs and casual games. Shanda Games uses multiple channels, including through in-house development, licensing, investment and acquisition, co-development and co-operation, to build a large and diversified game portfolio and pipeline of various genres. Shanda Games operates a network to host thousands of users playing simultaneously, and monitors and adjusts the game environment to optimize its game players experience.
As of March 31, 2009, Shanda Games operated 13 MMORPGs and 9 advanced casual games. Each MMORPG creates a virtual world with in which game players can play and interact with one another simultaneously over the Internet.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Shanda Literature, operates three online literature platforms in China. These online literature platforms include: Qidian.com, which is an online original literature platform in China with approximately 29 million registered accounts, as of March 31, 2009; Hongxiu.com, which operates a romance literature platform with approxima
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHANDA INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Major Shareholders
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. History
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Offices and Representations
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?