- The report contains detailed information about SDL plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SDL plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SDL plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SDL plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SDL plc business.
About SDL plc
SDL plc provides globalization service solutions and related software applications to a variety of multinational businesses worldwide. It provides outsourced localization, translation products and localization services for its customers. Its offerings include multilingual content management solutions, real-time translation technologies, translation memory, and internationalization and localization services. As of December 31, 2004, the company had network of approximately 40 offices in 27 countries with new offices in Denmark and Finland.
The company offers solutions in three divisions: managed services, including consulting, project management, software engineering, translation, publishing, and audio-visual recording; multilingual desktop management, such as localization productivity software and translation memory packages; and enterprise systems, including Enterprise Translation Server, SDLWorkFlow, and client-server application for enterprise-wide globalization and localization management.
SDL offer a solutions package for the management of electronic international communications, and specialist tools for the production and delivery of localized content. Its products include real time translation technology, translation workflow, translation memory technology, and translation verification suites. Its SDL Knowledge-based Translation System is SDL KbTS.
The companys online translation portals are FreeTranslation.com and Click2Translate.com. These public portals also provide its customers with a smooth upgrade path to its private Enterprise Technology portals for ongoing high volume translation users. Click2Translate.com is an e-business portal that provides a range of paid-for services, from instant gist translations to professional, translations. It offers online purchasing for services. The companys translation memory product, SDLX, improves translators efficiency by 20-40%.
The companys terminology products, the patented SDLPhraseFinder and SDLTermBase Online, engages in the automated extraction of terminology and in the Web based, global sharing of multilingual terms.
SDLWorkFlow provides a path to gain control and visibility of the multilingual content creation process. The SDL Knowledge-based Translation System combines translation technology with human intelligence. It opens up possibilities for customers to translate high volumes of content, such as the support knowledge base at CNH and approximately 4000 hotel Web sites at Best Western.
SDL plc has entered into a strategic relationship with Tridion B.V. to enable corporations to combine Web content management with language delivery. SDL's Global Information Management technology, combined with Tridion's Web content management system deliver a capability to enable corporations to author content once, translate once and reuse across all Web requirements in marketing, sales and customer support in any language.
The company sells language translation solutions to global enterprises; software products to in-house translation departments, freelance professionals and language service providers; and on-demand translation services to business users and consumers. Customers vary in size from those with requirements for small quantities of translation work to large-scale, multi-year contracts for the translation of millions of words into many different languages.
The companys customers include small to medium enterprises, as well as Adobe, Bayer, Bosch, Canon, DAF, DaimlerChrysler, Kodak, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, Reuters, Siebel and SAP. Its integrated workflow and translation management technology is being used by companies, such as Computer Associates, Sun and Morgan Stanley. The companys customers for SDLWorkFlow include Bosch, Computer Associates, Homag Group, Mercury, Philips and Sony.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SDL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SDL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SDL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SDL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SDL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SDL plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SDL plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SDL plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SDL plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SDL plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SDL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SDL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SDL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SDL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SDL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SDL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SDL plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SDL plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SDL plc Major Shareholders
SDL plc History
SDL plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SDL plc Offices and Representations
SDL plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SDL plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SDL plc Capital Market Snapshot
SDL plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
SDL plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SDL plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SDL plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SDL plc 1-year Stock Charts
SDL plc 5-year Stock Charts
SDL plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SDL plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SDL plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?