- The report contains detailed information about Scientific Learning Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Scientific Learning Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Scientific Learning Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Scientific Learning Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Scientific Learning Corp. business.
About Scientific Learning Corp.
Scientific Learning Corporation engages in the creation of educational software. The companys products are marketed primarily to K-12 schools. Its products are marketed in 45 countries around the world.
Fast ForWord products
The companys Fast ForWord family of products consists of three product series the Language Series, the Literacy Series, and the Reading Series.
Language and Literacy Series
The Fast ForWord Language series for elementary learners and the Literacy series for adolescent learners build foundational reading and language skills to help districts move below grade level learners to be successful learners in the general classroom.
Fast ForWord Language v2: The Fast ForWord Language product builds learning capacity using exercises that specifically focus on oral language comprehension and listening, including phonological awareness (the understanding that words are composed of sounds and the ability to identify and manipulate the sounds of language), and comprehension, working memory, and familiarity with language structures. The Fast ForWord Language product uses acoustically modified speech, which stretches and emphasizes particular sounds in an adaptive manner, to help children learn to isolate and recognize individual speech sounds, an underlying skill critical to reading.
Fast ForWord Language to Reading v2: The Fast ForWord Language to Reading product builds learning capacity through improving cognitive skills while helping students make the link between spoken and written language, using exercises that focus on listening comprehension, sound-letter recognition, phonological awareness, beginning word recognition and English language conventions.
Fast ForWord Literacy: The Fast ForWord Literacy product is specifically designed for adolescents and adults who lack reading proficiency. Its content and exercises are similar to those in the Fast ForWord Language product, but have been adapted to maximize impact for adolescents and English language learners based on actual learning results from those groups. Using graphics, characters and themes appealing to adolescents, the product increases the demand on cognitive skills.
Fast ForWord Literacy: Advanced Fast ForWord Literacy Advanced software includes content and exercises similar to those in the Fast ForWord Language to Reading software. The product includes age-targeted exercises that emphasize phonemic awareness, decoding, word recognition, sequential and inferential comprehension and the ability to sequence multi-step instructions.
Reading Series Products
The Fast ForWord Reading series of products builds learning capacity through developing cognitive skills using exercises focused on reading abilities. The Reading Series exercises focus on phonemic awareness, phonics and decoding, spelling, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension. The content of each product is correlated to the reading standards for the end of the grade level indicated by the product number.
Fast ForWord Reading Readiness: The Fast ForWord Reading Readiness product builds learning capacity through exercises that prepare the student for reading, focusing on phonemic identification, categorization and blending, letter names, sound and letter correspondence, rapid letter/word recognition, and oral vocabulary.
Fast ForWord Reading 1: The Fast ForWord Reading 1 product builds learning capacity while introducing familiarity with print. The exercises emphasize sound-letter correspondence, rapid letter-word comprehension, high-frequency words, and beginning print comprehension.
Fast ForWord Reading 2: Fast ForWord Reading 2 software builds learning capacity through exercises that build a spectrum of reading skills, focusing on comprehension at the sentence and paragraph level, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
Fast ForWord Reading 3: The Fast ForWord Reading 3 product builds learning capacity by continuing to improve cognitive skills through exercises that focus on increasing fluency. The exercises focus on semantic, syntactic, phonological and morphological categories, phonics, spelling and comprehension.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Scientific Learning Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Scientific Learning Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Scientific Learning Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Scientific Learning Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Scientific Learning Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCIENTIFIC LEARNING CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Scientific Learning Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Scientific Learning Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Scientific Learning Corp. Major Shareholders
Scientific Learning Corp. History
Scientific Learning Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Scientific Learning Corp. Offices and Representations
Scientific Learning Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Scientific Learning Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Scientific Learning Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Scientific Learning Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Scientific Learning Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Scientific Learning Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Scientific Learning Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Scientific Learning Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Scientific Learning Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Scientific Learning Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Scientific Learning Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Scientific Learning Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?