- The report contains detailed information about Sand Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sand Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sand Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sand Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sand Technology Inc. business.
About Sand Technology Inc.
SAND Technology Inc. engages in the design, development, marketing, and support of software products and services that enable users to retrieve usable business information from large amounts of data.
Products and Services
The company's software products, collectively known as the SAND Product Suite, are designed to provide a way for business users to make inquiries of large databases without the intervention of specialist information technology professionals. Its solution offerings include a Nearline 2.0 approach. Nearline storage is a software-based technology which represents an intermediate layer between the online storage of the main database and offline archived storage.
The company has integrated the SAND DNA/Analytic and SAND DNA/Access products to create an additional single market offering named SAND CDBMS. Using the new offering, the Access component would be available as an option of the core product SAND CDBMS.
SAND/DNA Access - Advanced Data Management
SAND/DNA Access is built by creating a compressed database for storing data that is not of immediate need to an organization but that would be required over time for either historical analysis, regulatory or compliance purposes; helping manage the data explosion in industry by maintaining access to data; and providing additional new features, such as data encryption, metadata transformation rules, analytical capability, and performance for nearline queries. SAND CDBMS Access works with data from any corporate database and over time is suitable for version customization to support particular third party vendors products. SAND Access extended its product offerings with the introduction of the DNA/Enhance module to integrate the data transformation process executed on compressed data. This new functionality enables enterprises to maintain an original version of the captured data and use it to create a business view data transformed to answer specific business questions.
SAND - Converting Data into Key Decisions
The SAND CDBMS facilitates the use of data mining, query, reporting, and other classes of on-line analytical applications, thereby enabling management of customer relationships, supply chains, and other critical business processes. Its CDBMS product incorporates advanced technologies. The company has introduced the support of advanced data privacy protection. The new functionality is based on internal database encryption and strict data access mechanism. That type of functionality is required by organizations that need to comply with industry standards or government regulations.
SAND Platform - Empowering the Users
The company has developed data storage and manipulation architecture which allows user-driven queries on large amounts of data. It has designed a new data warehouse architecture named the Scalable Corporate Information Factory (SCIF) based on Access and Analytics products. The company has introduced a new deployment architecture based on a private cloud computing. The new architecture enables high availability, active disaster recovery and on demand processing resource allocation. The new architecture also provides economies of scale and a dynamic and agile hardware deployment.
Key Business Segments and Uses of its Software Solutions
The companys customers in Canada, the United States, and Europe use its solutions for analytical and operational purposes, including market segmentation, CRM analytics, Web analytics, business performance management, and strategic planning; and regulatory and compliance applications, including storage and retrieval of large amounts of historical data.
The company's SAND CDBMS Analytics Product Suite is used to provide measurable business benefits in the retail, finance, healthcare, transportation, telecommunication, manufacturing, government, and insurance sectors. Customers, often at the recommendation of systems integrators or platform partners, use its products in support of strategic corporate initiatives, including e-business, customer relationship management, reporting, supply chain management, risk analysis and management, product trend and profitability analysis, fraud detection, emerging markets, information lifecycle management, competitive analysis, and quality control.
The company has the following key alliances or commercial relationships with the following companies: SAP AG, IBM; Sun Microsystems Inc.; Total Tec; Accenture Ltd.; Cap Gemini S.A.; HP; Inforte Corporation; Posetiv Limited; Open Text Corporation; ATOS Origin; Oracle Corporation; and A1CK.
The company competes with vendors that offer data warehouse appliances which operate specifically with their proprietary platform, such as Netezza, NCR, Teradata, and Oracle; and software vendors that offer products which focus on structured data archiving, such as FileTek and PBS.
SAND Technology Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sand Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sand Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sand Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sand Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sand Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAND TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sand Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sand Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sand Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Sand Technology Inc. History
Sand Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sand Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Sand Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sand Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sand Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sand Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Sand Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sand Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sand Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sand Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sand Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sand Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sand Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sand Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?