- The report contains detailed information about Rovi Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rovi Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rovi Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rovi Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rovi Corporation business.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi Corporation provides digital entertainment technology solutions for the discovery and management of entertainment content.
The company offers interactive program guides (IPGs); embedded licensing technologies, such as recommendations and search capability; standards based media connectivity middleware; media recognition technologies; licensing of its database of descriptive information about television, movie, music, books, and game content; and content protection technologies and services. In addition to offering company developed IPGs, its customers may also license its patents and deploy their own IPG or a third party IPG.
The company sells its products in various market verticals, including service providers (cable, satellite, telecommunications, mobile and Internet service providers among others), CE manufacturers, and other.
The company offers multiple IPGs to the CE industry, including those marketed under the G-GUIDE brand in Japan, the GUIDE Plus+ brand in Europe and the TV Guide On Screen brand in North America. These IPGs are incorporated in mid-to high-end plasma, DLP and LCD televisions and DVD hard drive recorder based products. The companys IPGs deliver continuously updated multi-day program listings to users, whether they receive their television signal via cable or over-the-air broadcast. The company uses various terrestrial, satellite, and broadband Internet transmission means to deliver listings data to its IPGs.
The companys CE IPGs also feature advertising. Its CE IPG licensees include Hitachi, LG, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Vizio and other brands. In Japan, Interactive Program Guide Inc. (IPG JV) is the companys joint venture with Dentsu Inc. and Tokyo News Service Limited that is the provider of program listings and advertising for its IPGs marketed under the G-Guide name. The company owns 46.25% of the IPG JV and has certain contractual rights with respect to the ongoing management of the IPG JV. It also retains the right to license its technology and intellectual property to third parties in Japan who would receive program listings and advertising from the IPG JV. The company has entered into licensing agreements with CE manufacturers and other third parties for televisions, digital recorders, personal computers and cell phones that are enabled to receive the G-Guide service.
The companys analog video content security, commercially known as ACP, is used to protect billions of videocassettes and DVDs. CE devices need to protect content in order to prevent playback devices from being used to illegally copy a video.
The company sells directly to CE manufacturers as well as semiconductor companies that supply the CE manufacturers. They are authorized to sell these Rovi-capable ASICs to Rovi-licensed DVD hardware manufacturers and to Rovi-licensed digital set-top box and DVR manufacturers. Its CE content protection customers sell set-top boxes and hardware under the Scientific Atlanta, Fujitsu Limited, Mitsubishi Electronics, Motorola, Pace, Panasonic, Pioneer Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sharp, Sony Electronics, TiVo, Toshiba, and other brands.
Connected Platform is a standards-compliant software solution embedded in consumer electronics and networking equipment designed to allow consumers to access content such as photos, music, and movies stored remotely on any of their connected devices. The Connected Platform complies with the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Forum standards. It is sold to CE manufacturers and consists of various components: Digital Media Server (DMS) software, Digital Media Adapter (DMA) software, and Digital Media Player (DMP) software, each sold as a software development kit (SDK). The SDK is used by developers to build digital home products on top of its software foundation for networked digital media devices. They are able to integrate the SDK into their devices to create custom digital media solutions. The DMA software is built with the SDK and can be installed on PCs, DVRs, network-attache
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROVI CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROVI CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROVI CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROVI CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROVI CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rovi Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rovi Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rovi Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rovi Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rovi Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ROVI CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROVI CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROVI CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROVI CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROVI CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROVI CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rovi Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rovi Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rovi Corporation Major Shareholders
Rovi Corporation History
Rovi Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rovi Corporation Offices and Representations
Rovi Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rovi Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rovi Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Rovi Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Rovi Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rovi Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rovi Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rovi Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Rovi Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Rovi Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rovi Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rovi Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?