- The report contains detailed information about Rosetta Stone, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rosetta Stone, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rosetta Stone, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rosetta Stone, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rosetta Stone, Inc. business.
About Rosetta Stone, Inc.
Rosetta Stone Inc. is a provider of technology-based language learning solutions. The company develops, markets, and sells language learning solutions consisting of software, online services, and audio practice tools primarily under its Rosetta Stone brand.
The companys courses are based on its proprietary interactive technologies and pedagogical content, and utilize a sequencing of images, text, and sounds to teach a new language without translation or grammar explanation. Its customers include individuals, educational institutions, armed forces, government agencies, and corporations.
Products and Services
The company offers language learning solutions in 31 languages under the Rosetta Stone brand. Each language has up to five levels, with each consecutive level. The company sells each level as a standalone unit. In August 2007, the company released its Version 3 solution for ten languages.
In May 2009, the company released Levels 4 and 5 in English (U.S.) and Spanish (Latin America), as well as an additional four languages in Version 3. In July 2009, the company released Rosetta Stone TOTALe, its new Web-based service offering that includes a component of language conversation coaching. As of December 31, 2009, all Version 3 languages are sold with Audio Companion and all Version 3 languages, except for Latin, are available with Rosetta Stone TOTALe Web-based services.
The company has four different editions: personal, enterprise, classroom and home school. Each edition utilizes the same core software product, but includes different ancillary features as follows:
Personal EditionThis edition is targeted to individual consumers and contains the core software product the company uses for all editions.
Enterprise EditionThis edition is targeted to businesses, armed forces, government organizations and not-for-profit entities and can accommodate organizations of any size, from individual learners to entire global organizations. This edition includes management tools that provide administrative and reporting functionality. These tools deliver reports and graphs that track learner activity, progress and scores, thereby providing organizations with information they need to measure return on their language learning investment.
Classroom EditionThis edition is targeted to language programs in primary, secondary, and higher education settings and is scalable to accommodate various implementations, from individual schools to district-wide programs and universities. The classroom edition is designed to be incorporated into a teacher's overall language-learning curriculum, complementing in-class teaching and enabling individualized self-paced learning outside the classroom. The classroom edition includes a learner management tool, the Rosetta Stone Manager, which provides administrative and reporting functionality.
Home School EditionThis edition is targeted to families with home school students and is designed to provide parents the tools and resources they need to manage student progress without planning or supervision. The home school edition includes administrative tools that permit parents to follow student progress and access specific information about student performance, such as completed exercises, test scores, and time spent learning, and to generate printable progress reports.
With its personal edition, the company offers a compact disc audio practice tool, the Audio Companion, in all 25 Version 3 languages. Audio Companion is a series of digital audio files that contain lessons directly aligned to the Rosetta Stone curriculum, allowing users to practice and carry on their immersive experience when they are away from a computer. The lessons on the Audio Companion can be transferred to MP3 players.
The companys solutions are available both pre-packaged and by subscription online through its language learning portal. It also provides an online peer-to-peer practice environment called SharedTalk, at www.sharedtalk.com, where registered language learners meet for language exchange and to practice their foreign language skills. During 2009, the company had approximately 125,000 active Sh
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROSETTA STONE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROSETTA STONE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROSETTA STONE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROSETTA STONE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROSETTA STONE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rosetta Stone, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rosetta Stone, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rosetta Stone, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rosetta Stone, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rosetta Stone, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROSETTA STONE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROSETTA STONE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROSETTA STONE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROSETTA STONE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROSETTA STONE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROSETTA STONE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Major Shareholders
Rosetta Stone, Inc. History
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Offices and Representations
Rosetta Stone, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rosetta Stone, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Stone, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Stone, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rosetta Stone, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Stone, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?