- The report contains detailed information about ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ROK Entertainment Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. business.
About ROK Entertainment Group, Inc.
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. sells content, products, applications and services to carriers, handset manufacturers and end users worldwide. The company has developed its own software applications and provides a worldwide multimedia platform which includes the streaming of live TV, audio and video-on-demand services on wireless devices.
Products and Services
The companys products and services can principally be broken down into three categories: ROK TV, FreeBeTV and News On Demand - Mobile Streaming Video; mobile applications and software; and hardware sales, including carriers changing to white-labeled branding rather than manufacturer branding.
ROK TV is a mobile TV application which can be white-labeled and distributed through partners or network operators. It is compatible with a range of devices from Symbian, Windows and Java handsets. ROK TV is operational as follows: U.S. - ROK own brand; U.K. - ROK own brand, ROK Mobile, and Rhythm TV; Turkey MobilTurk; Germany Mobilturk; Thailand AIS; Pakistan Telenor; South Africa Vodacom; Europe - Nokia (E-series handsets); India BSNL; and China - ROK New Net.
FreebeTV (on both mobile and PC) is a streaming service designed to be advertisement supported rather than subscription led. For mobile, instead of using an application, it uses the handsets native media player. The company encodes, supplies, and distributes the channels/content from its servers and manages the content on offer. The FreebeTV customers are: U.S. - ROK own brand, Nokia Video Centre, YuuZoo (PC player only); U.K. - ROK own brand; and Brazil - ROK own brand.
News On Demand is a push service designed for the user who wants regular updates without having to remember to access the service. Users subscribe to a list of channel genres such as news, weather, sports and entertainment and receive updates through MMS or email, direct to their mobile.
The product is being actively sold to all existing ROK TV customers as a value added service. The company has developed a number of mobile applications and software. The following have been launched or are in final testing prior to deployment:
ROK Comics allows users to subscribe and download branded comics specifically formatted for mobile viewing. In addition ROK Comics also allows users to create their own comics which they upload for publishing, and for others to view. Professional publishing tools are provided for licensors to publish their own material.
ANSA is a question-and-answer service available to all mobile handsets. The service is fully developed and live in the United States, United Kingdom, Pakistan and South Africa and available as an SMS text service, WAP service and Symbian application. Run as an own-brand and/or white-label service, the user simply types in the question and with in a few minutes receives the answer from one of its call center operatives.
BluBox, in simplistic terms, is an image compression program for digital photos. The application allows the user to quickly compress and decompress digital photos so they can be emailed, uploaded and stored.
PowerPressed is designed to work directly with Microsofts PowerPoint presentations. PowerPressed offers a solution to the storing and sending of large PowerPoint documents. PowerPressed optimizes and compresses PowerPoint presentations, reducing the size so they can be emailed, transferred and stored more efficiently. There is no zip/unzip process and no need for the recipient to have the software.
Fonepark is a content delivery platform designed to make every PC user into a mobile content distributor and sales site. Each user can customize their web/WAP site with their own favorites and content themed to their interests.
ROK Hard is primarily involved in the sourcing, transport and distribution of hardware including primarily, but not exclusively, mobile handsets to retail outlets, both independent and mobile network operator-tied, in the United Kingdom and elsewhere. As part of the distribution of handsets, this business unit is involved in the cross-sale of the range of its products, applications and services to handset and hardware manufacturers and retailers.
Markets and Customers
The company distributes its products and services, through joint ventures and overseas operations and proposed arrangements as summarized below: ROK New Net China (50% ownership), ROK Asia Pakistan (60% ownership), Moving TV Thailand agency, Fun Little Movies United States (51% ownership), Geniem Finland (51% Ownership), ROK Russia Russia (51% Ownership), ROK Brazil Brazil (50% Ownership), ROK Australia Australia (100% Ownership), and BluBox (51% ownership).
The companys major customers across all its products and services are: BT United Kingdom, Claires Accessories United Kingdom, Bauer (Formerly EMAP) United Kingdom, Data Select (distributor of handsets and accessories in the United Kingdom), QVC United Kingdom, NHS United Kingdom, Virgin Mobile United Kingdom and United States, Sprint United States, Wireless Development Agency United States, Nokia Global, Telenor Group Global, ACDSee Global, Tata Communications Global, Samsung Europe, Middle East and Asia, Telefonica Spain, Telenor Pakistan, Paktel Pakistan (Part of China Mobile), BSNL India, Airtel India, Warid Bangladesh, Exact Mobile South Africa, Vodacom South Africa, Foneworx South Africa, Celltel Zambia, Wataniya Maldives (Part of Qtel Group), China Mobile China, AIS Thailand, Meridian Mobile PVT Limited India, Euroset Karakhstan LLP Kazakstan, Euroset Ukraine, Allo Ukraine, and Mobikom Ukraine.
ROK Entertainment Group Inc., in March 2009, launched its subsidiary office in India.
The companys competitors include: Single service competitors in the mobile media space, for example MobiTV competing with its ROK TV service; Cable/broadcaster incumbents in the media industry, including organizations such as BSkyB, other cable organizations and even free-to-air broadcasters such as HBO.
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. History
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ROK Entertainment Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?