- The report contains detailed information about Renaissance Learning Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Renaissance Learning Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Renaissance Learning Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Renaissance Learning Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Renaissance Learning Inc. business.
About Renaissance Learning Inc.
Renaissance Learning, Inc. is a provider of computer-based assessment technology for pre-kindergarten through senior high (pre-K-12) schools and districts. The companys tools provide daily formative assessment and periodic progress-monitoring technology to enhance core curriculum, support differentiated instruction, and personalize practice in reading, writing, and math.
The companys products and services are primarily focused on three pre-K-12 curriculum areas: reading, writing, and math.
Educational Software and Services segment: This segment offers software products; services related to software, such as product support, professional development, hosting, and other technical services.
Educational Hardware segment: This segment offers laptops, classroom response systems, and services such as professional development, and extended support plans sold in connection with these hardware products.
Software, Laptop Computing Solutions and Other Educational Products
Accelerated Reader: Accelerated Reader is software for motivating and monitoring literature-based reading practice and for providing educators with student progress information to support instruction. A student selects a book at an appropriate reading level from a list of books for which the school has an Accelerated Reader quiz, reads the book, and then takes a multiple-choice quiz on a computer. For each book read, Accelerated Reader tracks the amount of reading practice achieved by calculating points based on the length and difficulty of the book and the students performance on the quiz. The company has computerized book quizzes for Accelerated Reader on approximately 140,000 titles. Accelerated Reader supports recorded-voice versions of quizzes on literature books for emergent readers, quizzes for assessing reading instruction assignments from reading textbooks, vocabulary quizzes, and Literacy Skills quizzes which allow educators to assess students proficiency on specific skills found in state and district language arts standards.
STAR Reading: STAR Reading is a computer-adaptive, formative reading assessment system that determines a students reading level, statistically correlated to national norms, in ten minutes or less. STAR Reading adapts itself during testing by utilizing proprietary branching logic that evaluates the pattern of the students answers to determine the level of difficulty required for subsequent questions.
STAR Early Literacy: STAR Early Literacy computer adaptive assessment software provides educators with a solution to assess the phonemic awareness, and other readiness and literacy skills of students in grades pre-K-3. The software helps educators identify each students specific strengths and diagnose specific weaknesses in skills covered by early literacy curricula and standards.
Successful Reader is a reading intervention program designed for struggling readers in grades 4-12. Successful Reader utilizes a book club approach, during which students listen to audio recordings of titles, discuss the text as a group, and engage in guided independent reading practice. The company offers Read Now PowerUp! which employs a instruction model, multimedia instructional materials, a software e-learning package hosted on an interactive Web site and professional development services to support educators with implementation.
Accelerated Math: Accelerated Math software is a continuous progress monitoring system that helps educators manage day-to-day classroom tasks by producing daily, personalized math practice for students, correcting their work, and reporting results immediately. Accelerated Math automatically keeps records using its AccelScan optical mark reader and gives educators progress-monitoring information each day. Accelerated Math offers content libraries that range from grade one through calculus and include: state standards-aligned libraries, textbook-aligned libraries for math textbooks and extended response libraries that integrate the application of multiple math objectives.
AccelScan: AccelScan, primarily used with Accelerated Math, is its patented optical mark card reader. AccelScan auto
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Renaissance Learning Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Renaissance Learning Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Renaissance Learning Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Renaissance Learning Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Renaissance Learning Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RENAISSANCE LEARNING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Renaissance Learning Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Renaissance Learning Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Renaissance Learning Inc. Major Shareholders
Renaissance Learning Inc. History
Renaissance Learning Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Renaissance Learning Inc. Offices and Representations
Renaissance Learning Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Renaissance Learning Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Renaissance Learning Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Renaissance Learning Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Renaissance Learning Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Renaissance Learning Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Renaissance Learning Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Renaissance Learning Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Renaissance Learning Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Renaissance Learning Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Renaissance Learning Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Renaissance Learning Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?