- The report contains detailed information about RealD Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RealD Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RealD Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RealD Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RealD Inc. business.
About RealD Inc.
RealD Inc. licenses stereoscopic three-dimensional (3D) technologies globally. The company licenses its RealD Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content.
The company also provides its RealD Format, active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors to enable the delivery and viewing of 3D content on high definition televisions, laptops, and other displays. Its 3D technologies have been used for applications, such as piloting the Mars Rover, heads-up displays for military jets, and robotic medical procedures.
Cinema: The company designs, manufactures, licenses, and markets its RealD Cinema Systems that enable digital cinema projectors to show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content to consumers wearing its RealD eyewear. As of March 26, 2010, its RealD Cinema Systems were deployed on 5,321 theater screens in 51 countries. RealD Cinema Systems are used by motion picture exhibitors worldwide, including AMC, Cinemark, ODEON Cinemas Holdings Limited (ODEON), Regal, and Warner Mycal Corporation (Warner Mycal). The company licenses and markets three principal systems to motion picture exhibitors based on the type of digital projector installed and theater configuration: its RealD Cinema System, RealD XLS Cinema System and RealD XL Cinema System. The companys RealD XL Cinema System can be displayed on screens of approximately 80 feet wide, and its RealD Cinema Systems would be scalable to larger formats as projector technology evolves.
Consumer electronics: The company makes its RealD Format, active and passive eyewear and display and gaming technologies available to consumer electronics manufacturers, content producers and content distributors to bring 3D to the home and elsewhere. The companys RealD Format is based on multiplexing technology (which packs two images in a single space without degrading the 3D quality) to deliver and display high definition 3D content via cable, satellite, broadcast, packaged media, and the Internet. The company has entered into agreements to provide its RealD Format, active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers, including Panasonic Corporation; Samsung Electronics Company Limited; Sony Electronics, Inc.; Toshiba Corporation; and Victor Company of Japan, Limited. Its licensees also include content distributors, including cable television services, such as Cablevision Systems Corp.; satellite television services, such as DirecTV Enterprises, LLC; and content producers, including publishers of interactive gaming content, such as Ubisoft Divertissements and NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
The companys professional 3D technologies are utilized by fortune 500 companies, government, academic institutions, and research and development organizations for applications, such as piloting the Mars Rover and robotic medical procedures. The companys professional 3D technologies have also been used for theme park installations, including at LEGOLAND. In the professional market, the company sells CrystalEyes eyewear, monitors, digital light processing television kits, polarizer film, emitters, and linear polarizing systems.
The company maintains sales offices in the United States, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
The company's supplier is ColorLink Japan.
On June 9, 2010, Sonic Solutions and RealD Inc. announced a strategic alliance to develop and release new consumer solutions for the home creation, publishing and playback of personal 3D video content, as well as the enjoyment of premium 3D entertainment.
The companys primary competitors for its RealD Cinema Systems include Dolby, Laboratories, Inc. (Dolby); IMAX Corporation; MasterImage 3D, LLC; and X6D Limited (Xpand). Its primary competitors in the 3D consumer electronics market include Dolby, NVIDIA Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sensio Technologies, Inc., Sony Electronics, Inc, and Xpand.
The company was founded in 2003. It was formerly known as Real D and changed its name to RealD Inc. in April 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REALD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REALD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REALD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REALD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REALD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RealD Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RealD Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RealD Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RealD Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RealD Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. REALD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REALD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REALD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REALD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REALD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REALD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RealD Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RealD Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RealD Inc. Major Shareholders
RealD Inc. History
RealD Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RealD Inc. Offices and Representations
RealD Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RealD Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RealD Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
RealD Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
RealD Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RealD Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RealD Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RealD Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
RealD Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
RealD Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RealD Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RealD Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?