- The report contains detailed information about Perfect World Co., Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Perfect World Co., Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Perfect World Co., Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Perfect World Co., Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Perfect World Co., Ltd. business.
About Perfect World Co., Ltd.
Perfect World Co., Ltd. engages in the development and operation of online games in China. The company primarily develops online games based on its proprietary game engines and game development platforms.
Products and Services
The company has developed, operates and distributes six 3D MMORPGs, Perfect World, Legend of Martial Arts, Perfect World II, Zhu Xian, Chi Bi, Pocketpet Journey West, one 3D online casual game, Hot Dance Party, one 2.5D MMORPG, Battle of the Immortals, and one 2D MMORPG, Fantasy Zhu Xian.
Perfect World: Perfect World is an adventure and fantasy game with traditional Chinese settings. Players can take on various roles, including swordsmen, magicians, archers, priests and magical creatures.
Players can also design and customize the appearance and characteristics of their characters and roles. Perfect World offers various features, such as day-and-night shifting and weather effects and changes. Perfect World offers 3D graphics that represent real-life characters and items moving in captivating scenes. The game can be displayed on a 16:9 widescreen to provide a movie-like visual effect.
Legend of Martial Arts: Legend of Martial Arts is an adventure story of Chinese swordsmen set in an ancient kingdom. The game attempts to capture the look and feel that has made the TV series a hit with the Chinese audience. The company engages a team of writers, including the playwright of the TV series. Legend of Martial Arts contains features designed to provide players a flavor of traditional oriental culture.
Perfect World II: The storyline of Perfect World II is set in a similar content and graphic background as Perfect World. The company provides guidance on the classification and ranking of in-game weapons, and players can purchase virtual raw materials to manufacture their weapons. It also optimizes the visual effects of its in-game items to enhance the attraction to players and transaction volumes.
Zhu Xian: Zhu Xian was developed based on an Internet novel with the same name. The basic story concept of Zhu Xian is a martial arts focused adventure set in a fantasy world. The game players are able to experience the various fantastic scenes and plots, such as martial arts training, use of magical weapons, upgrading of special capabilities and contests to obtain magical treasure, from the perspectives of the characters that they choose to play. The company also adds a time dimension, so that the player can enter into any game scenario based on the time parameter that they select without having to wait for the plot development like a reader.
Chi Bi: The company launched its fifth MMORPG, Chi Bi, in 2008. Chi Bi is a war story developed based on the ancient Chinese history known as the Three Kingdoms. This game is designed to include various in-game weapons and large-scale map of the game environment in a historical cultural setting. The company has co-promoted Chi Bi alongside the movie Red Cliff, which has the same Chinese names as Chi Bi, in China, according to an agreement signed with China Film Group Corporation, which owns the copyright to the movie in China.
Hot Dance Party: The company launched Hot Dance Party in 2008. Hot Dance Party is its first 3D online casual game. Hot Dance Party allows players to enjoy dancing game play in a captivating 3D game environment with a variety of background music choices. Furthermore, the company has incorporated certain community features, such as establishing a virtual family, into this game. Game players can also raise virtual pets in the game environment and improve game characters appearance by using cosmetics.
Pocketpet Journey West: Pocketpet Journey West is a pet-themed 3D MMORPG and also uses an item-based revenue model. Pocketpet Journey West is developed based on Journey to the West. The game is designed to include distinctive adventurers adapted from the novel.
Battle of the Immortals: The company launched Battle of the Immortals in April 2009. Battle of the Immortals is developed based on the companys Cube engine. Battle of the Immortals enables game players to travel between Eastern and Western cultures, featuring themes ranging from Norse mythology to the history of Chinas Qin Dynasty, catering to game players with different interests.
Fantasy Zhu Xian: The game represents the world of Zhu Xian in a refreshing cartoon style. The game is developed based on the companys proprietary EPARCH 2D engine and can exhibit special visual effects, such as reflections, particle effects and translucency effects. In addition, it introduces the concept of altitude into a 2D game and creates a realistic flying visual effect within a 2D game environment.
Online Games Under Development: The company has various new games in pipeline that span the 3D, 2.5D, and 2D market segments.
Other Products and Services
The company involved in film, TV, and other related businesses.
In April 2010, the company acquired C&C Media Co., Ltd to operate in Japan four of its own games and two games licensed from other developers.
In May 2010, the company acquired 74.47% equity interest in Runic Games, Inc., a specialized developer of PC-based entertainment software in the United States.
The company competes principally with online game developers and operators in China, including Shanda Games, NetEase, Changyou, Giant Interactive, Nineyou, The9, Tencent, Kingsoft, and NetDragon.
Perfect World Co., Ltd. was founded in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Perfect World Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Perfect World Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Perfect World Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Perfect World Co., Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Perfect World Co., Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PERFECT WORLD CO., LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Major Shareholders
Perfect World Co., Ltd. History
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Offices and Representations
Perfect World Co., Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Perfect World Co., Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Perfect World Co., Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Perfect World Co., Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Perfect World Co., Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Perfect World Co., Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?