- The report contains detailed information about ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. business.
About ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc.
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, provides supply chain business process management solutions in markets, such as computing, software, consumer electronics, storage, and communications. The companys services and solutions span the forward supply chain, aftermarket service requirements, and e-business processes and utilize an integrated global network of solution centers to manage various supply chain.
The companys subsidiaries include ModusLink Corporation (ModusLink); ModusLink Open Channel Solutions, Inc. (ModusLink OCS); ModusLink PTS, Inc. (ModusLink PTS); and Tech For Less, LLC (TFL).
Supply Chain Management Services and Solutions
The companys supply chain management services include the procurement of clients raw component inventory, as well as the storage, manufacturing, and distribution of their proprietary products.
The companys supply chain management services and solutions are provided to the technology industry on a global scale. Its core capabilities are categorized as sourcing and supply base management, manufacturing and product configuration, fulfillment and distribution, e-Business, and aftermarket services, such as returns management and asset disposition. It also a Microsoft authorized replicator.
Factory Supply: The factory supply solution provides inbound supply of components into one or more of its clients manufacturing or light assembly operations on behalf of a client.
Optimized Configuration: The optimized configuration solution combines its supply chain design know how and the industrys global footprint with techniques, tools, and processes in network optimization, discrete event simulation and inventory optimization to execute a supply chain network and inventory strategy that can manage the complexities of global supply and demand.
The company designs and executes a flexible global supply chain by employing optimization methodologies, such as postponement and deferred configuration that utilize the time and place in the supply chain to perform final configuration, packaging, and distribution of products.
The aftermarket services manage the range of post-sales activity, including customer service, technical support, and multi-channel returns management to testing, repair, and asset disposition. Aftermarket services are delivered through ModusLink, ModusLink PTS, and TFL.
The company enables a direct end-user channel for clients through its e-Business solutions that include integrated e-commerce, customer support, financial transaction processing, and physical shipment and returns processes on a global basis.
The entitlement management solutions managing the complexities of multi-channel subscription and customer access rights (entitlements) inherent in software licensing through a line of technology, consulting, and customer support solutions for software publishers and related businesses. The entitlement management capabilities are delivered through ModusLink OCS.
The companys solutions integrate with other supply chain service providers, such as contract manufacturing companies and third-party logistics providers.
In addition to the United States, the company conducts business in the Netherlands, Hungary, France, Ireland, Czech Republic, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Japan, Australia, and Mexico.
The companys clients include Hewlett-Packard, Advanced Micro Devices, and SanDisk Corporation. It serves clients in computing, software, consumer electronics, storage, and communications markets.
In 2009, the company acquired Tech for Less, LLC, which process and market customer-returned consumer electronics and business technology products.
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MODUSLINK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Major Shareholders
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. History
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Offices and Representations
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?