- The report contains detailed information about Merge Healthcare Incorporated. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Merge Healthcare Incorporated.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Merge Healthcare Incorporated. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Merge Healthcare Incorporated. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Merge Healthcare Incorporated. business.
About Merge Healthcare Incorporated.
Merge Healthcare Incorporated develops solutions that automate healthcare data and diagnostic workflow to enable an electronic record of the patient experience, and to enhance product development for health IT, device, and pharmaceutical companies and deliver related services.
The company sells these solutions through two segments: Direct and Indirect.
Direct segment sells finished applications to hospitals, imaging centers and specialty clinics located in the U.S., as well as global pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech and contract research organizations, and also distributes certain products through the Internet via its Website.
Indirect segment sells software development toolkits, technologies and Computer Aided Detection (CAD) applications to companies that develop, manufacture or resell health IT or medical imaging software or devices as well as finished applications to value added resellers (VARs) and foreign distributors.
The companys business is health information technology software, which can involve any aspect of development or distribution of applications that provide electronic health information exchange. In July 2009, the company acquired etrials Worldwide Inc. to expand the market for solutions that the company sells to the clinical trials industry. Upon completion of the acquisition, the company renamed the entity Merge eClinical.
In September 2009, the company acquired Confirma, Inc., a privately-held company that specializes in CAD for the MRI modality. Upon completion of the acquisition, the company renamed the entity Merge CAD.
The companys overall product lines consist of: software development toolkits, technologies and platforms, which provide software developers with resources to speed new product development and to enhance existing products; diagnostic workstation software applications, which bring specialized reading and review tools to the clinicians desktop; Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and related applications, which manage the business workflow of an imaging enterprise; Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) and related applications, which manage the image workflow of an imaging enterprise; Advanced image post-processing applications like CAD, which automate the reading of complex MR imaging studies; hosted software solutions for clinical trials data management, including Electronic Data Capture (EDC), Interactive Voice/Web Response (IVR/IWR) and electronic patient reported outcomes (ePRO) software and devices; and Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS) and data input device, which collect and integrate all peri-operative anesthesia information into an electronic health record.
Direct segment Products and Services
Fusion RIS/PACS MX automates image and information workflow for imaging practices from procedure scheduling, through the procedure, the image reading and reporting by a radiologist, the distribution of the report and finally the generation of a bill for the exam. This solution contains optional modules to enhance the workflow, including a referring physician Web portal, billing and business analytics. The Fusion RIS and Fusion PACS can also be licensed and utilized separately. The Fusion PACS contains an integrated digital mammography application, also sold as a standalone clinical workstation, called Merge Mammo.
eFilm Workstation is a diagnostic workstation. eFilm Workstation is a desktop diagnostic, image and analysis tool for viewing and interpreting medical images, and is used in ways as disparate as teaching imaging, testing new imaging products, veterinary imaging, technologist quality control, remote reading and CD burning of images. In 2009, the company added eFilm Archive to bring image storage to eFilm Workstation customers, as well as localizing the product into several languages.
The Frontiers AIMS peri-operative management solution builds an electronic record of the patients surgical experience while allowing the anesthesiologist to maintain patient contact. An electronic surgical dashboard application alerts the entire operating room to the status of each patient. In 2009, the
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Merge Healthcare Incorporated. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Merge Healthcare Incorporated. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERGE HEALTHCARE INCORPORATED. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Major Shareholders
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. History
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Offices and Representations
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Capital Market Snapshot
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. 1-year Stock Charts
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. 5-year Stock Charts
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Merge Healthcare Incorporated. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?