- The report contains detailed information about Mercadolibre, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mercadolibre, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mercadolibre, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mercadolibre, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mercadolibre, Inc. business.
About Mercadolibre, Inc.
MercadoLibre, Inc. operates online commerce and payments platforms in Latin America. The company has operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela. Additionally, it also operates online commerce platforms in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, and Panama.
The MercadoLibre marketplace
The MercadoLibre marketplace is an Internet-based commerce platform where buyers and sellers can meet, exchange information and e-commerce transactions for a range of goods and services using either a fixed-price sale or an auction-based format. This service permits both businesses and individuals to list items and conduct their sales and purchases online in either a fixed-price or auction-based format. Additionally, through online classified listings, its registered users can list and purchase motor vehicles, vessels, aircraft, real estate, and services. Users and advertisers are also able to place, display, and/or text advertisements on its Web pages to promote their brands and offerings. Any Internet user can browse through the various products and services that are listed on its Web site and register with MercadoLibre to list, bid for and purchase items and services. In 2009, the company launched its MercadoClics program to allow businesses to promote their products and services on the Web. MercadoClics offers advertisers an automated platform with which to acquire traffic from it.
The MercadoPago online payments solution
The companys online payments service is called MercadoPago and enables any individual or business registered with MercadoPago to send and receive payments online for MercadoLibre marketplace items. MercadoPago is available to MercadoLibre users in each of Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile and Colombia.
During 2009, visitors to its Web site were able to browse an average of approximately 4.4 million listings on any given day, organized by country, in approximately 2,000 different product categories. As of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 42.6 million confirmed registered MercadoLibre users.
In Brazil (for transactions completed on the MercadoLibre platform), Mexico and Venezuela, the company offers its escrow product. The escrow product works within the MercadoLibre platform. After buying an item that accepts MercadoPago, a buyer may pay the company using various payment methods. The company also releases the payment to the seller 14 days after the transaction if it has not been asked by the buyer to hold the payment.
Direct payments product
The company offers a new version of MercadoPago, a direct payments product, in Chile, Colombia, and Argentina. Direct payments offers two different types of accounts for sellers: a personal account that is available to all users and withholds payments for 12-14 days to ensure the security of the transaction; and a professional account available to users who have a good track record or who complete a credit scoring process.
The company competes with various small marketplace operators, such as Mas Oportunidades. It also competes with businesses that offer business-to-consumer online e-commerce services, such as pure play Internet retailer Submarino (a Web site of B2W Inc), and various bricks and mortar retailers who have launched on line offerings, such as Americanas (a Web site of B2W Inc), Casas Bahia and Falabella; and with shopping comparison sites located throughout Latin America, such as Buscape and Bondfaro. In the classified market, it competes with local players, such as Webmotors, VivaStreet, and Zap. The company's competitors also include Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft.
MercadoPago competes with existing online and offline payment methods, including banks and other providers of traditional payment methods, particularly credit cards, checks, money orders, and electronic bank deposits, international online payments services, such as Paypal and Google Checkout; local online payment services, such as DineroMail in Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico, and Pagamento Digital and PagSeguro in Brazil; and money remitters, such as Western Union.
MercadoLibre, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mercadolibre, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mercadolibre, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mercadolibre, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mercadolibre, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mercadolibre, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERCADOLIBRE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mercadolibre, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mercadolibre, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mercadolibre, Inc. Major Shareholders
Mercadolibre, Inc. History
Mercadolibre, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mercadolibre, Inc. Offices and Representations
Mercadolibre, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mercadolibre, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mercadolibre, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mercadolibre, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Mercadolibre, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mercadolibre, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mercadolibre, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mercadolibre, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mercadolibre, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mercadolibre, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mercadolibre, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mercadolibre, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?