- The report contains detailed information about MedQuist Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MedQuist Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MedQuist Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MedQuist Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MedQuist Inc. business.
About MedQuist Inc.
MedQuist Inc. is a provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation services. The company offers health systems, hospitals, and group medical practices integrated solutions for voice capture, speech recognition, medical transcription, document management, and clinical documentation improvement using natural language processing, as well as coding services.
The companys solutions are designed to facilitate electronic access to clinical information by healthcare providers and to improve overall revenue cycle performance and adoption of the Electronic Health Record (EHR). The company performs its services utilizing the DocQment Enterprise Platform (DEP), its proprietary clinical documentation workflow management system.
Products and Services
Clinical Documentation Services
The company provides health systems, hospitals and large group medical practices with solutions to meet their clinical documentation needs. All of the transcription and editing work performed for the company outside of North America is performed pursuant to an agreement with CBay Systems & Services, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBay Inc., its majority shareholder.
The company performs the majority of its clinical documentation services utilizing its DEP. For its clinical documentation customers, the company also services a specialized area of the clinical documentation market specifically, radiology - where the company retrieves voice files from, and transcribe directly into, customer-hosted transcription platforms. In the clinical documentation workflow, in addition to medical transcription technology and services, the company provides, digital dictation, speech recognition, document distribution, management reporting, and physicians electronic signature technologies.
DocQment Enterprise Platform
DocQment Enterprise Platform (DEP) is its proprietary, Web-based dictation and clinical documentation management system. The companys proprietary technologies enable its customers to manage their clinical documentation workflow, which begins when physicians or other medical professionals dictate findings and plans of care into several input devices, including standard telephones, handheld devices or PC-based dictation stations. The companys DEP integrates dictation capture, workflow management, speech recognition, medical transcription and editing, physician authentication and document distribution through multiple distinct yet integrated modules.
Products and Related Maintenance Services
The company provides onsite maintenance, remote break-fix services, and application, hardware and software technical support for its products.
SpeechQ is its front-end speech recognition software application. It allows physicians in all medical disciplines to dictate, edit, and sign their reports in a single session or send them to an editor following dictation. In 2009, the company introduced its SpeechQ for General Medicine solution. SpeechQ for General Medicine enables residents, attending and hospital physicians in high-volume dictation specialties such as family practice, orthopedics, cardiology, surgery, and others to use this technology.
DocQvoice is its Web-based, enterprise digital voice capture and transport solution attached at the front end of DEP for premise-based voice capture. DocQvoice creates opportunities to improve productivity by providing an enterprise view that allows its customers health information management supervisors to manage in-house MTs and MEs, MTSOs and voice files from a single dashboard instead of using multiple systems.
The company serves approximately 1,500 hospital systems, clinics and large group medical practices. It provides services to entire healthcare systems as well as discrete departments with in hospitals, such as health information management, emergency, radiology, and cardiology departments and all types of clinic settings.
The companys competitors are Spheris Inc., Transcend Services, Inc., Webmedex, Inc., Nuance Communications, Inc.s transcription subsidiary (Focus Infomatics, Inc.) and CBay Systems & Services, Inc. The company also competes against speech recognition system vendors, Nuance Communications, Inc. and Multimodal Technologies, Inc. and EHR companies like Epic Systems Corporation, Cerner Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Medical Information Technology, Inc., Eclipsys Corporation, and Allscripts-Misys Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
MedQuist Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDQUIST INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDQUIST INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDQUIST INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDQUIST INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDQUIST INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MedQuist Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MedQuist Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MedQuist Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MedQuist Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MedQuist Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDQUIST INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDQUIST INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDQUIST INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDQUIST INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDQUIST INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDQUIST INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MedQuist Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MedQuist Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MedQuist Inc. Major Shareholders
MedQuist Inc. History
MedQuist Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MedQuist Inc. Offices and Representations
MedQuist Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MedQuist Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MedQuist Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MedQuist Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
MedQuist Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MedQuist Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MedQuist Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MedQuist Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MedQuist Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MedQuist Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MedQuist Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MedQuist Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?