- The report contains detailed information about Market Planning Solutions Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Market Planning Solutions Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Market Planning Solutions Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Market Planning Solutions Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Market Planning Solutions Inc. business.
About Market Planning Solutions Inc.
MPSI Systems Inc. (the company) was founded in 1970 and incorporated under the laws of the state of Delaware. The company is a United States-based, multinational corporation whose principal line of business is providing decision support software, information databases and consulting services to businesses which have an investment in retail outlet networks. Services are provided for clients in the petroleum industry, banking, convenience food, quick service restaurant and government postal industries.
MPSI products provide computerized models of specified retail markets which enabled its clients to predict sales volumes at proposed new retail sites, while at the same time indicating the effects of each new outlet on sales volumes at both the clients and competitors existing outlets.
MPSIs flagship product software, Retail Explorer (REX) is a modular and generic high-end spatial interaction model. Additionally, the Company develops and maintains a considerable data warehouse of business location and operational information for key markets around the world.
Products and Services
The Company also constructs customized market study databases that are the primary informational sources used by the retail planning and pricing software. For customers who may wish to acquire only certain data components rather than integrated data/technology, MPSI offers a variety of options:
StreetMetrix® is a geo-spatial road network data set designed for use with a variety of commercially-available GIS software. StreetMetrix is a cost effective tool for retailers whose primary interest is the road network applicable to likely retail outlet locations.
TrafficMetrix® provides the most extensive and current traffic volume data available for most major markets in the U.S.
The Companys primary convenience retailing applications software is Retail Explorer (REX). REX allows clients to maximize their capital planning in the areas of new retail site location where the system provides an objective measure for comparing available sites based on competition and convenience to demand; identification of outlets to divest where the system isolates and evaluates client locations that have poor performance; identification of outlets to be rebuilt by identifying sales potential to be realized by remodeling or reformatting specified outlets; and assessing multiple profit centers by forecasting the potential benefits of retailing complementary products and services. The dynamic, yet straightforward, user interface in the Retail Explorer products provides easy access to a suite of powerful retail analysis applications, including GIS (Geographic Information System) and predictive modeling. REX products are generally licensed on a perpetual basis and joined with MPSI market study databases (see Data Services) selected by the user.
In 2002, MPSI released its first web-enabled retail planning software - LocationXpert®. It is a complete online modeling, analysis and mapping tool designed specifically for retailers. This premium package incorporates a gravity-based model that generates relative site strength indices. It combines expenditure variables the user considers important with embedded street files, demographic data and traffic information to assess sites within a 5-mile trade area that appear to have the best market potential for the users retail concept. LocationXpert is available in a variety of subscription options which allows the user to obtain proven retail analytics technology tailored to planning needs and budget. Online retail gasoline and convenience store data is available for markets in the US through MPSIs SiteMetrix product. This gives the user scalable access to more than 100 characteristics for each available site.
MPSIs Data Manager system is a simple and straight-forward way to turn massive amounts of data into meaningful market intelligence in situations where modeling is too expensive or beyond the users level of sophistication. This robust, customized information system correlates and geographically displays such diverse information as retail outlet survey data, digital outlet photographs, average daily traffic counts, demographics and customer segmentation data. The user can easily write data queries and create thematic maps that clearly display key market intelligence for decision making.
In the pricing arena, MPSI offers decision support software to meet several client planning needs: Price Zones® software (PZS) allows a client to establish different pricing zones within major markets relative to supplying its dealer networks with petrol fuels. PriceIt! Pro® allows a client to react to competitive price changes on a daily/hourly basis at the individual outlet level in order to set prices for the ultimate consumer. MPSIs newest product, the StreetBack Pricing® (SBP) system incorporates Price Zone methodology in order to group outlets for the purpose of identifying competition.
The Company markets its services in the United States, Europe, Africa, Canada, South America, the Caribbean Basin, Japan, India, China and Asia.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Market Planning Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Market Planning Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Market Planning Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Market Planning Solutions Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Market Planning Solutions Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARKET PLANNING SOLUTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Major Shareholders
Market Planning Solutions Inc. History
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Offices and Representations
Market Planning Solutions Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Market Planning Solutions Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Market Planning Solutions Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Market Planning Solutions Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Market Planning Solutions Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Market Planning Solutions Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?